Golfers, please stay out of the garden

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Veteran member

Well here is something that will raise your hair on the back of your neck.
The other day a golfer came 50' on my property to retrieve a ball 2' from a camera and 4' from a private property sign.
I was dressing in the bedroom when he walked by.
i immediately address him on the lanai and said SIR you are out of bounds. his reply was "LIGHTEN UP A*SHOLE"
Now this is a continuous over the last 2 years, I have been addressing it with the head of the golf courses in the Villages hired by the Mor*se.
Their have been tee box adjustments fairway have been over seeded with rye grass to give a better direction for the golfers.
But the course had a error by the surveyor and the construction of one of the holes and as the were building it it ended up 50' away from a hole and it was clear that they made a mistake.
This was found out recently and i became very disturbed. However it is now all clear in why i have 10 balls a day on my property sometimes.
Well needless to say i am at my wit's ends with disrespectful golfers which the golf course is responsible for there action and don't believe what they tell you, the head of the golf courses told me this today.
"Additionally as we’ve discussed, we do our best to educate golfers to respect the privacy of those homes adjacent to course property. However, in the end, we have no control over golfers actions and cannot be responsible for them. Ultimately this is a matter between the golfer and homeowner when it comes to any damage or trespassing matters"
Don't believe that nonsense from anyone at the courses or any representative of the god almighty.
I am thinking of forming a committee to address this with all of us that has had to put up with this behavior and starting a class action lawsuit.
There can be a deterrent's by put signs up at golf starter shacks, but i am told that may offend someone.
Well what about our right to reasonable privacy.
I don't mind a golfer coming in 2 or 3 feet to retrieve a ball, but the other day they where in my neighbors 25k landscaping standing on his bushes, i said really is a ball worth dis respecting someones property, he said something sarcastic and throw two balls on my lawn that had damage to them, apparently they weren't good enough for him.
Lets see how much trouble this starts in his post. I have had enough in the attitude around here from disrespectful golfers.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
The other day a golfer came 50' on my property to retrieve a ball 2' from a camera and 4' from a private property sign.
i immediately address him on the lanai and said SIR you are out of bounds. his reply was "LIGHTEN UP A*SHOLE"
Now this is a continuous over the last 2 years, I have been addressing it with the head of the golf courses in the Villages hired by the Mor*se.
Their have been tee box adjustments fairway have been over seeded with rye grass to give a better direction for the golfers.
But the course had a error by the surveyor and the construction of one of the holes and as the were building it it ended up 50' away from a hole and it was clear that they made a mistake.
This was found out recently and i became very disturbed. However it is now all clear in why i have 10 balls a day on my property sometimes.
Well needless to say i am at my wit's ends with disrespectful golfers which the golf course is responsible for there action and don't believe what they tell you, the head of the golf courses told me this today.
"Additionally as we’ve discussed, we do our best to educate golfers to respect the privacy of those homes adjacent to course property. However, in the end, we have no control over golfers actions and cannot be responsible for them. Ultimately this is a matter between the golfer and homeowner when it comes to any damage or trespassing matters"
Don't believe that nonsense from anyone at the courses or any representative of the god almighty.
I am thinking of forming a committee to address this with all of us that has had to put up with this behavior and starting a class action lawsuit.
There can be a deterrent's by put signs up at golf starter shacks, but i am told that may offend someone.
I don't mind a golfer coming in 2 or 3 feet to retrieve a ball, but the other day they where in my neighbors 25k landscaping standing on his bushes, i said really is a ball worth dis respecting someones property, he said something sarcastic and throw two balls on my lawn that had damage to them, apparently they weren't good enough for him.
Lets see how much trouble this starts in his post. I have had enough in the attitude around here from disrespectful golfers.
I don't think it will start much trouble at all...at least from the respectful golfers. You said you "don't mind a golfer coming in 2 or 3 feet to retrieve a ball". That's all the respectful golfer asks.

I understand your issues with the disrespectful ones. Thankfully, as in most types of bad behavior, those who offend are a small minority.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default signs have helped me

I use to have dog-pooping regulars until I put out three little signs, "Please No Pets"...some people need a reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
How about a sign, please do not retrieve balls from yard, if allowed.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I use to have dog-pooping regulars until I put out three little signs, "Please No Pets"...some people need a reminder.
i have 3 private property signs on the lot line which is also clearly marked with bushes and landscaping lights also along the lot line.
The declination line is clearly marked.
I am just fed up with how it is being handled from the powers to be and it will turn into a lawsuit if this isn't addressed shortly.
The folks who purchased viewed lot on the golf course paid dearly for that benefit. At the sales of the property at closing no one told us that this problem existed or that it would not be handle by the powers to be. A simple sign at the starter shack could solve alot of the problems "Please stay off private property" and even a reminder sign at each one of the hole also can be a reminder. I think if someone then retrieved there ball 30' to 50' in, then it would be a great embarrassment and no excuse for there action that they weren't aware of the rules.
However the Golf course can not take an attitude it is between the golfer and home owner when they profit from allowing golfers on the course. That is absurd.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
i have 3 private property signs on the lot line which is also clearly marked with bushes and landscaping lights also along the lot line.
The declination line is clearly marked.
I am just fed up with how it is being handled from the powers to be and it will turn into a lawsuit if this isn't addressed shortly.
The folks who purchased viewed lot on the golf course paid dearly for that benefit. At the sales of the property at closing no one told us that this problem existed or that it would not be handle by the powers to be. A simple sign at the starter shack could solve alot of the problems "Please stay off private property" and even a reminder sign at each one of the hole also can be a reminder. I think if someone then retrieved there ball 30' to 50' in, then it would be a great embarrassment and no excuse for there action that they weren't aware of the rules.
However the Golf course can not take an attitude it is between the golfer and home owner when they profit from allowing golfers on the course. That is absurd.

I am thinking it may feed your lawyers. When you bought on a golf course.....

Gracie.

Responsible golfers just like responsible pet owners won't come into your property. You have a right to expect them not to, but living on a golf course was the choice you made. It was there when you bought. I am sorry you are being so badly treated by everyone.

Someone who has been living close to golf courses for more than forty years.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichm369 View Post
We live on a golf course, it more so about courtesy, if the ball is in plain and accessible place and if you are not harming anything pick up your ball, get back in bounds and take the one stroke penalty like a good golfer. If you need to go and beat the bushes shame on you.
Lived on a golf course most of my life. This was/is my attitude as well.

There are all types of homeowners and all types of golfers. The extreme's don't get alone.........nothing new.

Just like when I was growing up, there was "one" in my neighborhood......a grumpy old man (probably in his 50's ) that you knew you could not go into his yard to retrieve your frisbee or ball. However, most neighbor's were nice, understanding, and happy.

Back to the OP.............stay out of gardens.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

It's obvious that some people would have been better off with a preserve or water view. But I think most people who chose to live on a golf course like not only the view but also the concept. And the few drawbacks are vastly compensated by the advantages.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
It's obvious that some people would have been better off with a preserve or water view. But I think most people who chose to live on a golf course like not only the view but also the concept. And the few drawbacks are vastly compensated by the advantages.
Yes if it was a few drawbacks, but on a daily basis is unacceptable!
Old 03-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
I am sure you could sell for a very tidy profit and buy in another area - in The Villages - or not, and choose a lot that has a marsh or lake view.

No need to be unhappy.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Sage

A friend of mine in Parkland Fla. had problems with raccoons going thru the pool screen to get to the cat food left there while he was away. He bought on the internet a motion sensor that hooked up to sprinkler system and he hasn't had any intrusions since. I would think getting doused by smelly sprinkler water would be a deterrent.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
A friend of mine in Parkland Fla. had problems with raccoons going thru the pool screen to get to the cat food left there while he was away. He bought on the internet a motion sensor that hooked up to sprinkler system and he hasn't had any intrusions since. I would think getting doused by smelly sprinkler water would be a deterrent.
Sounds like fun to watch to me. I'll bring the beer and popcorn.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.