Guest golfing

Old 05-17-2024, 10:48 AM
Default Guest golfing

We have guests that will be using our home, we will not be there. How do they go about playing golf.
They will have guest ID's.

Thanks in Advance.

Gary Sfraga
Old 05-17-2024, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,683 Times in 3,173 Posts

https://www.golfthevillages.com/golf...hevillages.pdf

Everything you need to know about golfing in the Villages.

The specific subject of Guests is on page 21.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,501 Times in 2,570 Posts

If you are not going to be there, you can sign over your Resident ID for the duration of their stay, and they could book a round as a normal resident. Costs $50 to transfer ID.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
If you are not going to be there, you can sign over your Resident ID for the duration of their stay, and they could book a round as a normal resident. Costs $50 to transfer ID.
I -highly- recommend against that. Here's why - true story:

Once upon a time, someone was renting a room in their Villages home. The owner only had one ID for themselves, so they allowed the tenant to use the other ID. The tenant then did a change of address with the postal service to this home. The tenant then used their new address and resident ID as proof of residency, to get a drivers license. The tenant then decided they didn't want to vacate when their agreed-upon rental period expired.

The tenant had proof that they lived there as a permanent resident. The landlord couldn't rent the room to anyone else, and became fearful for their own safety in their own house. It was a mess.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,501 Times in 2,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Once upon a time, someone was renting a room in their Villages home. The owner only had one ID for themselves, so they allowed the tenant to use the other ID. The tenant then did a change of address with the postal service to this home. The tenant then used their new address and resident ID as proof of residency, to get a drivers license. The tenant then decided they didn't want to vacate when their agreed-upon rental period expired.

The tenant had proof that they lived there as a permanent resident. The landlord couldn't rent the room to anyone else, and became fearful for their own safety in their own house. It was a mess.
We and probably 99.9% of house renters take over homeowners Resident ID as a part of the transaction.
Never had or known of a problem with system.
Your use of it finishes on day rental ends.
The situation you quoted, must have been an odd incident.
Old 05-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
We and probably 99.9% of house renters take over homeowners Resident ID as a part of the transaction.
Never had or known of a problem with system.
Your use of it finishes on day rental ends.
The situation you quoted, must have been an odd incident.
It was absolutely an odd incident. But it is one (of many) reason I would not want to rent a house that I actually live in, to someone else.
Old 05-17-2024, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsfraga View Post
We have guests that will be using our home, we will not be there. How do they go about playing golf.

Thanks in Advance.

Gary Sfraga
Play off campus. Better conditions and cheaper.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsfraga View Post

Thanks in Advance.

Gary Sfraga
Guest ID Information

You will have to reserve tee times for them.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,734 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Guest ID Information

You will have to reserve tee times for them.
Beginning about this time of year and continuing throughout the summer, if you want to wait for mid-afternoon and don't mind the heat you can just drive to the starter shack of most any executive course and get on. I would imagine that a guest ID would work as as well as a Resident ID in cases like that.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

That's an extreme case. I'm a landlord and we always offer to have our resident id's switch over if they're golfers. We don't allow access to our mailbox.

I believe that renting out a full house for $6000/month + $2000 damage deposit + $200 cleaning fee, you get a much different type of renter than someone renting out a single room in a house.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
It was absolutely an odd incident. But it is one (of many) reason I would not want to rent a house that I actually live in, to someone else.
So true
I get it as an investor but my personal home, never.
Old 05-17-2024, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Beginning about this time of year and continuing throughout the summer, if you want to wait for mid-afternoon and don't mind the heat you can just drive to the starter shack of most any executive course and get on. I would imagine that a guest ID would work as as well as a Resident ID in cases like that.
Good advise.

There pitch and putt's are easiest to do a walk on.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
That's an extreme case. I'm a landlord and we always offer to have our resident id's switch over if they're golfers. We don't allow access to our mailbox.

I believe that renting out a full house for $6000/month + $2000 damage deposit + $200 cleaning fee, you get a much different type of renter than someone renting out a single room in a house.
You get tenants who outstay their welcome and refuse to leave, refuse to pay rent, and who you have to spend MUCH more than $8200 to evict.

If you think it doesn't happen, then you haven't been paying attention for the past few decades. There have been wealthy people who are wealthy - BECAUSE they cheat their landlords and refuse to pay rent. They hop from house to house, or apartment to apartment. There have been a few different video series on the subject, countless articles in countless towns across the country.

Here's one, from 2021 in Massachusetts:
A landlord'''s 2-year, $80,000 effort to evict a non-paying tenant | WBUR News
Old 05-18-2024, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

I was gonna say, the OP says they have guest ID. T V does not have "Guest" IDs. Guest passes yes. Indefinite people one is willing to give "blue T V ids" to like Renter ID yes.

But "guest ID"? What would that be? The piece of paper guest pass is the only one I know of and it is for what a month or so unless local relative that fall under the yearly category.

Very good point you make. With proper paperwork you can't claim "squater" in DeSantis' new law on squating. The right ID entitles recidency and then court eviction to get them out.

In OP's case they are "friends". Or are they str like ABnB'ers in reality?

So the issue is how can they play golf if the owner is not with them on a "guest, really, pass then without a green (owner id) or a blue (renter id)... answer like all the str people do.

T V must have a "back door policy" on the owner having to be present rule right... short term renters enjoy living the lifestyle in the massive resort called T V all them time without owners being present. You know the golf capital of the world.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 05-18-2024 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-18-2024, 06:36 AM

Our guests make their own reservations on phone system

Tags
guest, gary, advance, ids, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.