Hacienda CC

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Thumbs down Hacienda CC

Played there yesterday I feel that the course is in terrible. They are overseeding, they have goose grass, looks like crabgrass, growing on the greens. They have fire ants in the bunker, #4 on the Oaks, and the bunkers need work. Lots of very rough areas with exposed tree roots between the fairways and the cart path. Plan on doing a lot of walking on the Lakes.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
Played there yesterday I feel that the course is in terrible. They are overseeding, they have goose grass, looks like crabgrass, growing on the greens. They have fire ants in the bunker, #4 on the Oaks, and the bunkers need work. Lots of very rough areas with exposed tree roots between the fairways and the cart path. Plan on doing a lot of walking on the Lakes.
Not that bad. You should have seen it 6 months ago. Played there on Wednesday and can confirm the weeds on the greens. Your attitude about golf course conditions would improve if you stop to think this is The Villages. They provide golf holes, not great golf courses. Lower your expectations, especially since we are all playing from the right side of the grass. Wish it was better also but since nobody ever listens it's just easier to expect less and be happier..
Old 10-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

played oaks to palms today and found fairways and greens to be good to very good. Didn't spend time in bunkers so can't comment, however looked groomed. Will go back.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
played oaks to palms today and found fairways and greens to be good to very good. Didn't spend time in bunkers so can't comment, however looked groomed. Will go back.
No bunkers??? I'm impressed, lol!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
Not that bad. You should have seen it 6 months ago. Played there on Wednesday and can confirm the weeds on the greens. Your attitude about golf course conditions would improve if you stop to think this is The Villages. They provide golf holes, not great golf courses. Lower your expectations, especially since we are all playing from the right side of the grass. Wish it was better also but since nobody ever listens it's just easier to expect less and be happier..
I've been playing there for over eleven years and it is poor condition. It really looks ragged. I realize that it gets a lot of play, but it does not compare favorably to other courses I play. Played Cane Garden today and the greens are in great shape. The bunkers have been raked. The tees are level and have grass. Same with Glen View and Mallory. Forgot TDS; also in good shape. The last three I have played. I forgot to mention that they water so much that many areas are like playing in a swamp. Something is missing at HH. You should see the last health inspection report that I saw for the restaurant. You probably wouldn't eat there either.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.