Hickory shaft Golfing

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Default Hickory shaft Golfing

While going to the Village Golf Festival for a ball fitting I had my hickory clubs in a period golf bag with a website for the Florida Hickory Golfers I play with I was asked to leave after several people had questions concerning what we do. I was not selling anything just promoting another venue for the greater good of the game. We were not making anything off it but nor were the Villages so we had to go. Please visit our website @ floridahickorygolfers.org if you would like to see what it's all about.
MWH&PH Have a great day!

Last edited by MWH&PH; 03-13-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:55 AM
Email Reported As Spam

You were asked to leave?
Old 03-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
You were asked to leave?
By whom?
The reason given was?
Old 03-12-2016, 10:22 AM

I was asked to remove the clubs and stand bag from the event. Too bad our website has interesting information on the history of golf and how it was played back in the day. We have several low single digit H/C golfers in or group and have monthly outings all over central Fl. We will supply clubs to anyone who would like to join us.
Have A Great Day!
Mike
Old 03-12-2016, 10:25 AM

He introduced himself as one of the event directors who informed me what I had was not allowed on the premises.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The event sponsors are short sighted and not very imaginative because your display would indeed be a curiosity drawing more of a crowd. could have been a win-win for everyone
Old 03-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWH&PH View Post
He introduced himself as one of the event directors who informed me what I had was not allowed on the premises.

Just guessing "he" said something like this; I am sorry, we allow only paid advertisers to this event. You are entirely welcome but your clubs have advertising for a website, and if we allowed you to carry them around, we would then have to do the same for others. This is in part a money maker for charity. Next year, perhaps you would like to rent a booth?
Old 03-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Tried that and was rejected. I went there for a ball fitting to see what Bridgestone had available in a soft ball suitable for play with the Hickories. I put the name and website on my bag for information only. I should have gone to Jim's to begin with they were more then helpful.
My Mistake
Closed Thread

Tags
hickory, website, golf, mwh&ph, making, day, good, game, great, villages, floridahickorygolfers.org, greater, visit, fitting, clubs, bag, period, ball, festival, golfing, shaft, village, florida, golfers, selling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.