"High Season" Executive Tee times ??

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Default Wow - what a response!

Thanks for all the info, folks! This forum is GREAT.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Just a short response. If u r trying to book a slot for 4 seven days out and 2 r guests, you can forget it. Guests go to the bottom of the list and u will likely be shut out. Better to wait 3 days before and then c what is available and then book. The choices r not as great, but u will know right away if u have a tee time.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2at View Post
Just a short response. If u r trying to book a slot for 4 seven days out and 2 r guests, you can forget it. Guests go to the bottom of the list and u will likely be shut out. Better to wait 3 days before and then c what is available and then book. The choices r not as great, but u will know right away if u have a tee time.
You can still try to reserve a tee time 7 days out and if you get one you are ahead of the game. If you do not one then you go looking. That is my philosophy. Sometimes I am surprised when it works.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you have a 5 or greater during peak season, as a resident, you are a high pointer!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I got two guests on three different days in March last year. Our request started with the first tee time available in the morning and we got early tee times each day on courses nearby (Bogart, Becall, and Truman), which is what we prefer. I think your best bet are the early tee times as many people would prefer to avoid them.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Veteran member
Default some are playing the system

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I got two guests on three different days in March last year. Our request started with the first tee time available in the morning and we got early tee times each day on courses nearby (Bogart, Becall, and Truman), which is what we prefer. I think your best bet are the early tee times as many people would prefer to avoid them.

I recently tried to get a decent time with a three hour window and 6 courses selected.. I had a guest and was denied....I picked an open time and selected it playing with two "locals". Funny thing when I got there the scheduled second was "unable" to attend so the other folks I was pared with had a "convenient guest" replace the person requesting the time...I certainly hope the Villages puts a stop to this and it should be happening at the starter's shack.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,314 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
I recently tried to get a decent time with a three hour window and 6 courses selected.. I had a guest and was denied....I picked an open time and selected it playing with two "locals". Funny thing when I got there the scheduled second was "unable" to attend so the other folks I was pared with had a "convenient guest" replace the person requesting the time...I certainly hope the Villages puts a stop to this and it should be happening at the starter's shack.
I think you are saying that you had a request denied so you picked an open time via a reservation (inside the three days). If this is the case you did not need to put a locals name in to get a reservation. The only times points are used for tee time perference is requests. Reservations are booked as soon as you push the button. By doing the swap you just incurred your local a three point penalty for a no show. You should attended The Villages Good Golf School if you have not already done so. They do a good job of describing how the system works.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Veteran member
Default not clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I think you are saying that you had a request denied so you picked an open time via a reservation (inside the three days). If this is the case you did not need to put a locals name in to get a reservation. The only times points are used for tee time perference is requests. Reservations are booked as soon as you push the button. By doing the swap you just incurred your local a three point penalty for a no show. You should attended The Villages Good Golf School if you have not already done so. They do a good job of describing how the system works.

I did everything by the book..the couple I was paired with chose to manipulate the system by using someone's id and then replacing that person with a "guest". The starter approved it on the spot.I didn't want to get negative but I wasn't clear I guess.. It is a clear manipulation of the system to get a preferred time for a guest...I did attend the school, BTW and manipulation was not discussed.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
I did everything by the book..the couple I was paired with chose to manipulate the system by using someone's id and then replacing that person with a "guest". The starter approved it on the spot.I didn't want to get negative but I wasn't clear I guess.. It is a clear manipulation of the system to get a preferred time for a guest...I did attend the school, BTW and manipulation was not discussed.
I would not try to do this a lot of times..............the system checks for substitutions.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Sage

rp001 - don't think people are understanding you didn't do it, but the other couple did. I have heard of using this manipulation, but like someone else posted the person that didn't show got hit with a 3 point penalty, but I guess if they don't golf it wouldn't make much difference. Interesting scam, don't you think?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
rp001 - don't think people are understanding you didn't do it, but the other couple did. I have heard of using this manipulation, but like someone else posted the person that didn't show got hit with a 3 point penalty, but I guess if they don't golf it wouldn't make much difference. Interesting scam, don't you think?
Yes, interesting. But not something you can do regularly. I know of some people who use the ID of neighbors who go north for the holidays then substitute their holiday guests into the reservation after the draw is done. The neighbors got a call from golf administration warning them that continuing to make reservations then either canceling or not showing risks losing privileges for a period of time.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
This time around, Ed we must hook up a play around ot two together. You're one of the good guys. I'll be down in mid January

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.