Hole-in-one

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 PM

I have had two, one during a tournament and I won 144 dozen Nike golf balls
Old 07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Founder

It is my position that if a person makes a hole in one, everybody else should buy the drinks. Why should a person be punished for a once in a life time thrill of making a hole in one.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary42651 View Post
I have had two, one during a tournament and I won 144 dozen Nike golf balls
1,728 golf balls? What the heck did you do with them? Sell?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 PM

gave them away to the memebers, family, and friends
Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Gold member

I had a hole in one about ten years ago - I took a day off from work to do some yard work around the house, got bored, and decided to go to the range and hit some balls. When I got to the course, the parking lot was empty and no golfers were on the first or second tees, so I said, what the heck, I'll play a few holes instead. As I finished the seventh hole, there was a foursome made up of two senior citizen couples on the eighth tee, and they waited for me to putt out and asked me if I wanted to play through. The hole was a 165 yard downhill par 3. I thanked them, hurried up to the tee box, and hit a quick 8-iron off the tee. One bounce, a short roll, and it went right in the hole. They were more excited than I was. After a few minutes of them jumping around, I calmed them down and asked them all to sign my card. They did, and one of them put his phone number on the card as well - and said if anyone didn't believe my story, they could call him. It was a nice gesture, and I'm happy that I wasn't alone when it went in - I would probably have just never mentioned it to anyone.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage

I had a hole-in-one. It was thrilling. My friends I played with signed my ball. I still have it, of course.

It was a weekday afternoon and besides us, there was only one group of four men in the clubhouse when we came in. Here's where it pays to be a woman, TH. Not only would they NOT let me buy them drinks-- I gladly offered-- they insisted on buying drinks for my friends and me.

Anyway, It's great to have Irish luck every once in a while.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Default We both had 1 this year!

Hers on 1/2/10 on the 9th at El Santiago; mine on 5/4/10 on the 9th at De La Vista.

Of course this was my 1st time playing alone since moving to TV last December and not a sole witness in sight except the big guy upstairs (no not Sam Snead). (Note: hand is firmly on bible).

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Veteran member

My favorite episode of "My Name is Earl" was an early one were Earl found out that everyone at the bar gets free drinks when someone gets a hole in one. So he waits at a blind dog leg short par 4. When someone hits a ball close, he runs out, picks up the ball and drops it in the hole. Then he heads back to the bar to wait for his free drink.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:50 PM

I had one on a golf trip with about 20 guys at Callaway Gardens, GA. It was the last day and we were running late for our flights in Atlanta. as we walked up to the tee I told the guys that we should get in our carts and head back to the club house as we will miss our flights home. They said we could get one more hole in since it was just a par 3. Well, I put it in the hole! We then had to leave so I did not buy drinks. The next year when we arrived on the course for the outing, all 20 guys were waiting for their drinks before we could tee off.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Sage

This is an old thread I started some time ago. I searched to find it so I can say that I witnessed my first hole-in-one yesterday, 11.11.11. I was golfing in a foursome with my friends from my cul-de-sac. We were on the 5th hole of Bonita Pass. My friend hit a beautiful drive with a five iron that hit the green from 103 yards.

She turned and was chatting with the others in the group and didn't see her first hole-in-one! I am still excited just thinking about what I witnessed! I bought her lunch at Cane Gardens to celebrate.

It is those moments that keep you going back out on the greens. Loved, loved, loved watching that ball sink in the cup. Wow.

Last edited by bkcunningham1; 11-12-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
This is an old thread I started some time ago. I searched to find it so I can say that I witnessed my first hole-in-one yesterday, 11.11.11. I was golfing in a foursome with my friends from my cul-de-sac. We were on the 5th hole of Bonita Pass. My friend hit a beutiful drive with a five iron that hit the green from 103 yards.

She turned and was chatting with the others in the group and didn't see her first hole-in-one! I am still excited just thinking about what I witnessed! I bought her lunch at Cane Gardens to celebrate.

It is those moments that keep you going back out on the greens. Loved, loved, loved watching that ball sink in the cup. Wow.
It is fun to witness! I was at Bonita Pass yesterday, likely not the same time as I did not hear any loud screaming associated with an ace. I hope you got your traditional 'hole in one' beverage from the lucky lady.....

My group was celebrating 'greens in one'
Old 11-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
It is fun to witness! I was at Bonita Pass yesterday, likely not the same time as I did not hear any loud screaming associated with an ace. I hope you got your traditional 'hole in one' beverage from the lucky lady.....

My group was celebrating 'greens in one'
We started at 9:10 a.m. When did you play? She is going to have a cocktail party at her house for our entire cul-de-sac to celebrate and give us our complimentary beverage.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Gold member

My stepfather was golfing in a foursome (excuse me if I don't get all of terms correct...I don't golf but definitely plan on doing so!!)..anyway, he hit his ball and got a hole in one...immediately after, his partner did it on the same hole. It was in the local paper (Zephyrhills). The funny part is, my stepfather is somewhat..ahem...frugal.. shall we say, and I'm sure it killed him to buy the drinks. He was probably the only golfer in the world that would prefer to get his hole in ones when he is playing alone!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
We started at 9:10 a.m. When did you play? She is going to have a cocktail party at her house for our entire cul-de-sac to celebrate and give us our complimentary beverage.
Very nice, good for her..... AND the hood ! We were out there around 1:30P. It warmed up nice and I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the greens.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Default Hole-in-one

Hello everyone, This is my first posting We just purchased our home in The Village of Bonita.
Several years ago, while vacationing with friends at Lake Cumberland State Park in Kentucky, we watched our friend (Bill) hit a hole-in-one. It was the first we had ever witnessed and we were all extremely excited. Even more amazing is the fact that while waiting on the next tee box we watched a golfer behind us hit a hole-in-one on the very same hole.
My husband had two hole-in-ones last year and myself one many years ago. I knew my husband would never believe me so I had all of my friends sign the scorecard and ball.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.