Hole-In-One Certificates

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2023, 04:07 PM
Default Hole-In-One Certificates

Can someone tell me where these certificates are issued? (Country Club)
Thank you in advance...
Old 07-13-2023, 04:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

You Got A Hole In One, Now What?
Whether you hit a hole in one out on the course by yourself, in front of a few friends, or at one of our Million Dollar Shootouts, you have something to be proud of. You have achieved the best possible score on a single hole of golf. Not even the best of the best like Arnold Palmer or Tiger Woods will ever be capable of beating your score on that hole, because it is not possible to do any better than a “one.”
But if writing that number one in your scorecard, which may be framed in your bedroom or office, does not quite feel like enough to recognize your incredible achievement, go to the PGA’s website and register your hole in one. The PGA will call your club’s pro and verify your information and score, and then your name can be immortalized in lights on their list of other golfers who have also reached the pinnacle of golfing performance.
Your hole in one will be listed in the “PGA Hole In One Archives” at the PGA Historical Center in Port Lucie, Florida. The PGA will also send you a certificate to commemorate your extraordinary feat of skill, along with options for other benefits exclusive to members of the illustrious Hole in One Club. There are an estimated 27 million golfers in America, but only a lucky few get their name on that list. So if you have attained this extraordinary accomplishment, don’t allow it to fall by the wayside of your life or become a story similar to the guy who caught “the biggest fish ever.”
Old 07-14-2023, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Thank you in advance...
I think those certificates are issued by Golf and Tennis Administration, 352-753-3396. Even if they do not, they'd probably know who does.
Old 07-14-2023, 06:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
wow.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

When you tell the people at the clubhouse or the starter shack, they will have you fill out a form and have any witnesses sign it. A week later, they'll call you to pick up your certificate at whichever country club manages the course you played.

How do I know? The first hole I played in the Villages was El Santiago (the one with the cheater holes), and after not playing golf for 10 years, I made a hole-in-on on the very first hole!

I wish I could take credit, but the green was built like a funnel with the hole at the bottom. I did hit a good tee shot but it landed 10' away to the upside. It stopped for a moment, then started rolling, and in it went! I've since played that course several times, but they've moved the hole so it's not so easy, anymore.

The couple we played with were so disgusted they didn't even hang around to witness it (I can't blame them -- you should have seen the rest of my card!). But the guys at the starter shack saw it, and I picked up my certificate at Glenwood a week or so later.

By the way, you get your name in the paper, too!
Old 07-14-2023, 10:16 AM

Quote:
You Got A Hole In One, Now What?
Whether you hit a hole in one out on the course by yourself, in front of a few friends, or at one of our Million Dollar Shootouts, you have something to be proud of. You have achieved the best possible score on a single hole of golf. Not even the best of the best like Arnold Palmer or Tiger Woods will ever be capable of beating your score on that hole, because it is not possible to do any better than a “one.”
But if writing that number one in your scorecard, which may be framed in your bedroom or office, does not quite feel like enough to recognize your incredible achievement, go to the PGA’s website and register your hole in one. The PGA will call your club’s pro and verify your information and score, and then your name can be immortalized in lights on their list of other golfers who have also reached the pinnacle of golfing performance.
Your hole in one will be listed in the “PGA Hole In One Archives” at the PGA Historical Center in Port Lucie, Florida. The PGA will also send you a certificate to commemorate your extraordinary feat of skill, along with options for other benefits exclusive to members of the illustrious Hole in One Club. There are an estimated 27 million golfers in America, but only a lucky few get their name on that list. So if you have attained this extraordinary accomplishment, don’t allow it to fall by the wayside of your life or become a story similar to the guy who caught “the biggest fish ever.”
Thank you for your information, but it was just a lucky "Hole-in-One" stroke, so I don't deserve my name in lights like the big guys; again thank you!
Old 07-14-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I think those certificates are issued by Golf and Tennis Administration, 352-753-3396. Even if they do not, they'd probably know who does.
Thank you. I will give them a call....
I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number; maybe they called BUT did NOT leave a voicemail. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2023, 10:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Thank you for your information, but it was just a lucky "Hole-in-One" stroke, so I don't deserve my name in lights like the big guys; again thank you!
I think they only count championship maybe executive but definitely not chip & putt.
Old 07-14-2023, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
I think they only count championship maybe executive but definitely not chip & putt.
This weeks list had both champs & execs.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 07-16-2023 at 06:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2023, 12:16 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Definitively Executive. I have the certificate to prove it! That's Santiago #1 behind me in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	hole in one.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	99262  
Old 07-14-2023, 03:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Definitively Executive. I have the certificate to prove it! That's Santiago #1 behind me in the picture.
Congradulations
Old 07-15-2023, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thank you in advance...
There is a place on Calaway website that you can get a free plaque with information of your hole in one on it. You have to say you used their product.
Old 07-15-2023, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Thank you. I will give them a call....
I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number; maybe they called BUT did NOT leave a voicemail. Thanks!
Note: they are NOT issued by the Golf Administration. They are done by the golf shop that oversees that course.
Old 07-15-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Note: they are NOT issued by the Golf Administration. They are done by the golf shop that oversees that course.
Thank You, do you know which golf shop oversees, "Roosevelt Executive GC?
Closed Thread

Tags
certificates, hole-in-one, issued, country, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.