How many courses within 30 min ride from new areas

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Suggest you go to the Golf The Villages web site (golfthevillages dot com in case the web adddress doesn't display) and click on either the Executive or Championship links in the menu. You can then download a map of all the courses in The Villages and be able to tell which ones are close to where you are at. And remember, there are a lot of new courses being built right now in the area south of the turnpike, so that list will continue to grow.
Haven't moved in, yet, but my sense has been that the new stuff being built down yonder is most all of the "championship" ilk. Would love to learn otherwise. . .
Old 05-09-2023, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post
Haven't moved in, yet, but my sense has been that the new stuff being built down yonder is most all of the "championship" ilk. Would love to learn otherwise. . .
The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community

This is ate little older, the progress in this area is nothing short of incredible. You can see much of it from the newly opened Central Parkway.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 15

Continuing The Dream: Volume 11

Last edited by Altavia; 05-09-2023 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:57 PM
Sage

The latest GoldWingnut video:

The Villages Construction Update #125 - Central Parkway Opening 4/20/2023

https://youtu.be/-TfH8U42uAU
Old 05-09-2023, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
This is a little old, the progress in this area is nothing short of incredible. You can see much of it from the newly opened Central Parkway.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 15

Continuing The Dream: Volume 11
"Continuing The Dream: Volume 15" Amazingly, that's the first I've seen of anything like that! Wow. We drove up a couple of weeks ago and toured on our own (and got "golf club fitted" - we're both "standard". :-) Oh, and put in an offer on a place. Had presumed that we'd end up in the "Newell" area with one of those very reasonably priced new places. *Mind boggling* driving through that new construction across from the Mickey Lee (of which I'm most enamored) with the incredible "factory-like" output. :-)

We were a little "iffy" about the turnpike noise and the power lines, so we took a bit "wider" view of the real estate market via the web the next morning in the motel room. That view yielded the place we'll be closing on a week from today - the only place we let the real estate agent even show us later that day. I only hope the Sarasota short game practice area can grow grass as quickly as I'll be "brushing" it.

But, great to know that so much new stuff will be becoming available down southward way.
Old 05-09-2023, 06:25 PM

Quote:
The latest GoldWingnut video:

The Villages Construction Update #125 - Central Parkway Opening 4/20/2023

https://youtu.be/-TfH8U42uAU
Have enjoyed his videos to date but haven't been able to orient (orientate?) myself well enough to appreciate what I was seeing to the degree that I'd like. Guess I just don't have near enough sense of either time nor distance/area to appreciate it. Would love to see that matched up with that "Dream" map. I don't ask for much. :-)
Old 05-09-2023, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Have enjoyed his videos to date but haven't been able to orient (orientate?) myself well enough to appreciate what I was seeing to the degree that I'd like. Guess I just don't have near enough sense of either time nor distance/area to appreciate it. Would love to see that matched up with that "Dream" map. I don't ask for much. :-)
This is the map Don uses in his video's and seems to be the most current.

Look this over in parallel with the Villages maps to maybe help get your bearings.

http://vayens.com/wp-content/uploads...es-Colored.pdf
Old 05-09-2023, 07:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
"Continuing The Dream: Volume 15" Amazingly, that's the first I've seen of anything like that! Wow. We drove up a couple of weeks ago and toured on our own (and got "golf club fitted" - we're both "standard". :-) Oh, and put in an offer on a place. Had presumed that we'd end up in the "Newell" area with one of those very reasonably priced new places. *Mind boggling* driving through that new construction across from the Mickey Lee (of which I'm most enamored) with the incredible "factory-like" output. :-)

We were a little "iffy" about the turnpike noise and the power lines, so we took a bit "wider" view of the real estate market via the web the next morning in the motel room. That view yielded the place we'll be closing on a week from today - the only place we let the real estate agent even show us later that day. I only hope the Sarasota short game practice area can grow grass as quickly as I'll be "brushing" it.

But, great to know that so much new stuff will be becoming available down southward way.
Congratulations on making an offer!

There will be a new driving range and Golf Academy, currently under site prep near Eastport.

Turnpike noise is a nothing burger for most of the population. There are millions of home lining hundreds of miles of I95, the Turnpike and I75 up and down Florida, many worth far more than most Villages homes.

Enjoy the journey!
Old 05-09-2023, 08:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmonferdini View Post
My husband and I will be moving next year and are looking at the new areas for a courtyard villa. Wondering how many executive courses are within a 30-45 min golf cart ride of the new areas (Newell, DeLuna and beyond).
I can reach probably all but 11 of the executive courses in the Villages from my place in DeLuna in under 45 mins by golf cart. Lowlands, Loblolly, Longleaf, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Sweetgum, Mangrove and Palmetto are all at most 15 mins from me for example.

Once you start getting closer to Sawgrass and beyond, it's going to be quite a distance to many courses as just getting to Brownwood could be 20-30 mins.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Congratulations on making an offer!

There will be a new driving range and Golf Academy, currently under site prep near Eastport.

Turnpike noise is a nothing burger for most of the population. There are millions of home lining hundreds of miles of I95, the Turnpike and I75 up and down Florida, many worth far more than most Villages homes.

Enjoy the journey!
Thanks. Yeah, the Turnpike noise was more a "surprise" than an annoyance, considering that you can't even see the dern thing. It's no louder than the typical surf noise here on Pompano Beach, really.

Currently have *zero* feel for how this many golf courses is going to play out. The whole "executive" thing has me imagining going significant periods of time without ever hitting one OB!
Old 05-09-2023, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
All of the new courses (executive, championship and pitch & putt) will be built on the other side of the turnpike.

IIRC, there will be 3 championship, 3-4 executive, 1 pitch & putt and a new golf academy...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-10-2023, 04:29 AM

If golfing distance is very important to you, consider buying a home centrally located. Most championship courses are above Rt. 44. If you lived around Mallory or south of Lake Sumter you would be more centrally located for golf courses. That said, my group travels to all championship courses. I live very near Spanish Springs and go everywhere in my cart. The furthest so far is Southern Oaks and it's a 50 minute cart ride. All other courses are 35 minutes or less from Spanish Springs. So you can use that, in reverse, as a guage from whereever you choose to purchase. Also, within the next two years two more champ courses will be opening south of the turnpike and south of Southern Oaks.
Old 05-10-2023, 04:57 AM
Veteran member

Not many
Old 05-10-2023, 05:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
If golfing distance is very important to you, consider buying a home centrally located.
What he said, if golf is important, the homes down Megison aren’t for you.
If it were me, I would buy north of 44.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
All of the new courses (executive, championship and pitch & putt) will be built on the other side of the turnpike.

IIRC, there will be 3 championship, 3-4 executive, 1 pitch & putt and a new golf academy...

By the end of the year, all new construction will be South of the Turnpike.

Starting now just south of Monarch Grove and near Eastport. This area will be a prime location

Middleton has many homes already complete.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5822.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	98319  
Old 05-10-2023, 06:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
If golfing distance is very important to you, consider buying a home centrally located. Most championship courses are above Rt. 44. If you lived around Mallory or south of Lake Sumter you would be more centrally located for golf courses. That said, my group travels to all championship courses. I live very near Spanish Springs and go everywhere in my cart. The furthest so far is Southern Oaks and it's a 50 minute cart ride. All other courses are 35 minutes or less from Spanish Springs. So you can use that, in reverse, as a guage from whereever you choose to purchase. Also, within the next two years two more champ courses will be opening south of the turnpike and south of Southern Oaks.
The OP asked about executive courses. Didn't mention Championship courses.

Wondering how many executive courses are within a 30-45 min golf cart ride of the new areas (Newell, DeLuna and beyond).
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, ride, min, courses, newell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.