How much extra would you pay for AWESOME executive conditions?

View Poll Results: Extra $$ you pay in your MONTHLY amenity fee for awesome EXECUTIVE golf conditions
$0 67 80.72%
$10 5 6.02%
$20 7 8.43%
$25 0 0%
$50 4 4.82%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2023, 09:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
I hope that you are simply developing a Strawman. Imagine if non-swimmers or tennis or pickle ball or, you name it were forced to pay more amenity $$$$ to ensure pristine conditions on their field of play. Uproar.

Same for Exec golf. Don’t know the % of non golfers in TV, but must be 50%. So have those folks pay even more for us to have velvet greens etc etc. Nope. And removing “free golf” would be nasty for TV marketing.

I have seen green conditions overall as poor on execs, but tough to improve this time of year. We play execs 3X week, and although it would be great to have pristine conditions, with the amount of play execs get this time of year, so be it.
It was as straw man, I am not going to lobby for this to happen, it never will.

What if I asked “would you be willing to pay an extra $25 a month to replace the 25Yard pool with 50 Meter pools? Or add heaters to the family pools? Or put a 6mm cushion on all the pickle courts to save knees? Or anything for any of the other clubs/amenities?
Old 02-06-2023, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
That's for sure ! How L in the world would even MORE money stop people from driving RIGHT ON the green ! How would it stop people who enter a trap at the HIGHEST point, and then collapse the entire collar as they attempt to climb out the same way ? What do you do about people who drag flag poles across the green ? Those who STEP directly on the HOLE as they pull the pole ? No, think you could throw money at that monthly and never stop it. HOW are such things stopped (never entirely) on PUBLIC courses ... the rangers DO THEIR JOBS and don't try to pose as "good will" ambassadors. Probably SAVE enough money to pay their own salaries, not to mention the expense of sitting quietly and watching the courses be torn up...after all, as long as the repairs and maintenance come out of OTHER peoples' money. Hey need even more ? Just raise the monthly fees, there's always MORE where that came from, who cares about enforcing RESPECT. Respect for property is kind of "old fashioned" anyway.
Agree.

We played with a couple from Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago. Snowbirds, here for a couple of months. Nice people but didn't know some of the rules that Villagers take for granted. Like driving carts onto fairways without a handicapped identification, fixing ball marks on the greens, clearing the area around the greens when done and go on to the next tee so the people behind can hit, etc. We were pleasant about it, giving a couple of reminders. They seemed grateful that we told them.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Agree.

We played with a couple from Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago. Snowbirds, here for a couple of months. Nice people but didn't know some of the rules that Villagers take for granted. Like driving carts onto fairways without a handicapped identification, fixing ball marks on the greens, clearing the area around the greens when done and go on to the next tee so the people behind can hit, etc. We were pleasant about it, giving a couple of reminders. They seemed grateful that we told them.
For people that don't know the rules (and there are many people here that just started playing golf), there should be a handout at each starter shack that is given to people - along with verbal instructions pointing out the major rules.

I agree that some people will just ignore it but I think most people would appreciate the information. They do seem more concerned about whether you are wearing a collared shirt rather than if you are taking good care of the course.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I observed a golfer on Tarpon Boil Thursday pushing a golf cart over the surface of 50% of the greens
any other golf course you would be tossed out
Did you call the starter shack? If not, they may not have known...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-06-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
$$$$ is part of the problem

Golfers are the other problem

Would have to eliminate A LOT of golfers
You are really helpful. You know everything
Old 02-06-2023, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
You are really helpful. You know everything
Nice insult...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-06-2023, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
They can't be empowered to enforce the rules. You and what army is going to tell some self-entitled US [insert armed forces] here who served in [insert war here] and pays his amenity fees just like everyone else that he can't park his "disabled" self in the middle of a waterlogged muddy hill toward the fairway because he overshot the last hole by 20 yards? Remember - he has a Big Bertha in his hand. You - do not. And to assuage the sensitivities of the actually disabled and the actual veterans: a lot of these folks aren't either. They just pretend they are, so that they can get the discounts, or the better seats, or the "thank you for your service" comments. And some of them just like the hats. And some of these entitled people don't pretend anything. They just believe in their heart of hearts that they are superior to everyone else, and can do as they please, and the rules apply to others, not them.

Check his ID and issue him a citation? What if he's on a lifestyle visit? How will you collect on the fine when he says "yeah I'm not paying it, good luck with that?"

There are a LOT of people who think just because they're disabled, or veterans, or both, that they are entitled to privileges that the commoners aren't entitled to. When it comes to government funding then I agree. They have earned more, there. But this is private property. They should either follow the rules, or build their own golf course and make up their own rules for it.

But there's no way to enforce this, because ambassadors aren't police officers. They guide, they suggest, they request. But they don't order.
That was an excellent description…
Old 02-07-2023, 01:23 AM
Veteran member

I'm not convinced that throwing money at the problem would make things better. I've played a ton of busy municipal courses in North America with low budgets that were in great condition compared to many of the TV courses. Maybe their maintenance program is just better, maybe grass and irrigation selection is better.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:29 AM

Given the quality and etiquette of golfers on the executive courses, better course conditions are not unachievable.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:51 AM

Quote:
They can't be empowered to enforce the rules. You and what army is going to tell some self-entitled US [insert armed forces] here who served in [insert war here] and pays his amenity fees just like everyone else that he can't park his "disabled" self in the middle of a waterlogged muddy hill toward the fairway because he overshot the last hole by 20 yards? Remember - he has a Big Bertha in his hand. You - do not. And to assuage the sensitivities of the actually disabled and the actual veterans: a lot of these folks aren't either. They just pretend they are, so that they can get the discounts, or the better seats, or the "thank you for your service" comments. And some of them just like the hats. And some of these entitled people don't pretend anything. They just believe in their heart of hearts that they are superior to everyone else, and can do as they please, and the rules apply to others, not them.

Check his ID and issue him a citation? What if he's on a lifestyle visit? How will you collect on the fine when he says "yeah I'm not paying it, good luck with that?"

There are a LOT of people who think just because they're disabled, or veterans, or both, that they are entitled to privileges that the commoners aren't entitled to. When it comes to government funding then I agree. They have earned more, there. But this is private property. They should either follow the rules, or build their own golf course and make up their own rules for it.

But there's no way to enforce this, because ambassadors aren't police officers. They guide, they suggest, they request. But they don't order.
Wow!
Old 02-07-2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
They just believe in their heart of hearts

Old 02-07-2023, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
$$$$ is part of the problem

Golfers are the other problem

Would have to eliminate A LOT of golfers
Yes very true, no more big groups taking up all the tee times and everyone pays a trail fee.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:48 AM

How about limiting each Villager limited to two rounds per week, perhaps that would lighten the traffic on the courses. End result would be better playing conditions, trade off is you can’t play 10 rounds a week. Courses outside the Villages are self policing due to greens fees. People only play a couple times a week or less because the cost is prohibitive.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:50 AM

we know people wont fix their ball marks & they'll drive wherever they please and the courses get a lot of play but how about the course maintenance dept just concentrate on getting rid of the numerous weeds and bare spots on the greens?
Old 02-07-2023, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
How about limiting each Villager limited to two rounds per week, perhaps that would lighten the traffic on the courses. End result would be better playing conditions, trade off is you can’t play 10 rounds a week. Courses outside the Villages are self policing due to greens fees. People only play a couple times a week or less because the cost is prohibitive.
If I don't play, can I sell my unused tee time?

Tags
conditions, amenity, awesome, pay, extra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.