I don't believe it

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2023, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts
Default I don't believe it

I think someone slipped me a hallucinogenic drug, or perhaps I'm still sleeping and dreaming, but.......As I type this, I'm looking out from my lanai and they are rolling the 8th green of Egret. Yes, I wrote the "R" word----they actually have a roller and are using it. I didn't think it was possible. I have heard vague rumors of a roller somewhere, but in 9 years here have never seen one. But if they can 3D print a rocket, maybe they can make a roller as well. I'm playing here Sunday , so we'll see if there is any improvement to greens that generally run about 6.5 on the stimpmeter. Of course, if they get them up to 9, there will be complaints that the greens are "too fast"
Old 04-06-2023, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

They actually had a roller parked next to the temporary green on the short #6 par 4 on Roosevelt yesterday. I guess rollers work on dirt as well.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
They actually had a roller parked next to the temporary green on the short #6 par 4 on Roosevelt yesterday. I guess rollers work on dirt as well.
Helps turn the grassless dirt into hardpan
Old 04-06-2023, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

AH, now I know why put putts are going so LONG, and I thought it was to much Wheaties in the morning.

Last edited by villagetinker; 04-06-2023 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think someone slipped me a hallucinogenic drug, or perhaps I'm still sleeping and dreaming, but.......As I type this, I'm looking out from my lanai and they are rolling the 8th green of Egret. Yes, I wrote the "R" word----they actually have a roller and are using it. I didn't think it was possible. I have heard vague rumors of a roller somewhere, but in 9 years here have never seen one. But if they can 3D print a rocket, maybe they can make a roller as well. I'm playing here Sunday , so we'll see if there is any improvement to greens that generally run about 6.5 on the stimpmeter. Of course, if they get them up to 9, there will be complaints that the greens are "too fast"
Hallucinogenic? Rolling "grass". Are you still into golf, or is this a "new" recreational activity? Inquiring minds want to know?

(Just fanning with ya'.)
Old 04-06-2023, 04:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Hallucinogenic? Rolling "grass". Are you still into golf, or is this a "new" recreational activity? Inquiring minds want to know?

(Just fanning with ya'.)
Old 04-08-2023, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Are you have an Ear Bug Of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds? You’re a funny guy! You amuse us.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:21 AM
Default An Actual Roller?

Quote:
Are you sure it was an actual roller? I can't believe the Villages golf crew would have one let alone use it. Are you sure you didn't start early, after all, it has to be after 5 someplace. A Real roller. Wow.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

Now you know how they maintain our hard pan fairways !!!
Old 04-08-2023, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
That explains it, I heard a guy who works for a paving company saying that their asphalt patch roller has gone missing.
Old 06-24-2023, 09:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Wow! You folks really don't understand golf course maintenance...

a: google greens rollers. you'll get a complete understanding of where and when they are used.

They are used more commonly on regulation golf courses and not every day. They actually are designed to create a more uniform surface and somewhat increase the green speed. Every golf course I've ever played outside the villages have a schedule when the aerate, top dress(sand), spray(and this can also be dictated by pests or invasive plant species), mow and roll the greens.
Closed Thread

Tags
roller, greens, playing, fast, print

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.