If we live next to an Exec course, can we just walk on and play?

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
With all the varied and contradictory posts about playing on the execs after the starter leaves, I decided to contact GMS to find out the actual policy. Here's a quote from their reply that sums it up. It refers to the fact that at this time of year, there is little light after the starter leaves to play, so it is mostly a summer thing, but the answer still applies now.

"All residents are welcome to start on the 1st tee after 7:00, we do have roaming Ambassadors that check ID's for those that start after 7:00. We do not encourage or want folks to start in the middle of the course."
That's the policy for the execs.
But if that's also the policy for the champs you made my day.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Sage

The short answer is No you can't
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-11-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Of course, we would never walk on if the course was busy. But if the course was not busy and there was a large break between groups, would there be a problem if my wife and I walked on and started playing? We would not use carts.

We now live in Virginia and we hope to sell our house in the Spring. After that, we plan to move to Florida and look for a house in The Villages.

Ideally, we would like to live on one of the Exec courses, especially if we can just walk on and play on occasion.
simple answer. No you are not able to do that.
But like you were already told, you can go to the starter shack you play if there is an open time.
Simple reason also. the course needs to know who is playing in case of an accident or if you caused damage. insurance problems on the course can cost you a lot of headaches. Believe me you don't want to deal with it.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The question should have been, may I legally walk onto an executive course and play? However, can I walk onto an executive course and play?, I would answer yes. I actually did that at Southern Star executive in 2011. I hadn't only moved here a couple of weeks earlier, I hadn't even played a round of golf yet. My neighbor said he had never played golf. I had just gotten my cart, so I told him jump in. We drove to Southern Star, which is about 200 yards from our vllla. We played holes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 and then left. I never saw a marshall, in fact I never saw another player. When we got back I went online and discovered that Southern Star was closed. This is a true story, the rights are for sale.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
With all the varied and contradictory posts about playing on the execs after the starter leaves, I decided to contact GMS to find out the actual policy. Here's a quote from their reply that sums it up. It refers to the fact that at this time of year, there is little light after the starter leaves to play, so it is mostly a summer thing, but the answer still applies now.

"All residents are welcome to start on the 1st tee after 7:00, we do have roaming Ambassadors that check ID's for those that start after 7:00. We do not encourage or want folks to start in the middle of the course."
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
That's the policy for the execs.
But if that's also the policy for the champs you made my day.
Pretty much the same for the champs, with one significant difference...there are ambassadors on the champs right up to dusk and they will stop and give you a 'ticket' so you can pay your green fees the following day.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Well the longer I live here & I'm a permanent resident & I've never ever seen an ambassador ever ask anybody to see there ID. Just like at the swimming pools, it was a question about somebody seeing somebody from one of the neighboring towns being there & telling someone that they weren't a Village resident. So to answer the question, if you're living in a neighboring don't worry about it you'll never get caught as far as I can see. The residents will cover your aminities. The longer I live here the more I learn about securities!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The question should have been, may I legally walk onto an executive course and play? However, can I walk onto an executive course and play?, I would answer yes. I actually did that at Southern Star executive in 2011. I hadn't only moved here a couple of weeks earlier, I hadn't even played a round of golf yet. My neighbor said he had never played golf. I had just gotten my cart, so I told him jump in. We drove to Southern Star, which is about 200 yards from our vllla. We played holes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 and then left. I never saw a marshall, in fact I never saw another player. When we got back I went online and discovered that Southern Star was closed. This is a true story, the rights are for sale.

The Villages Florida
Yes I believe your story, but you were trespassing, and you did not get caught. I find it amazing that people think just because they live here they can do what they want. I am NOT saying you John W. But it seems that a lot of people here believe they have a right to trespass. The courses are open for anyone, they are controlled and watched. You can be asked to leave and maybe more if you refuse. The courses are closed at times for reasons, maintenance, work, etc., but some people feel that they can do whatever, ie walking pets on courses not worrying about chemicals, high pressure sprayers and etc. These same people would scream if someone walked on their grass!!! Follow the rules and there is no problem!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Well the longer I live here & I'm a permanent resident & I've never ever seen an ambassador ever ask anybody to see there ID. Just like at the swimming pools, it was a question about somebody seeing somebody from one of the neighboring towns being there & telling someone that they weren't a Village resident. So to answer the question, if you're living in a neighboring don't worry about it you'll never get caught as far as I can see. The residents will cover your aminities. The longer I live here the more I learn about securities!
And you are correct, the ambassadors do NOT ask for ID's, they do not need to, they are asked for by the starter!!! The ambassador knows who is playing on the course and WILL ask the people who walk on to leave!!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

The system that has been developed here at TV is the best I've seen. From the on-line reservation system, to check-in, to the ambassadors on the course. And yes, they know who you are on the course. I see them making notes on their clipboards. Hopefully they are not noting my bent left arm at the top my backswing.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:42 AM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Of course, we would never walk on if the course was busy. But if the course was not busy and there was a large break between groups, would there be a problem if my wife and I walked on and started playing? We would not use carts.

We now live in Virginia and we hope to sell our house in the Spring. After that, we plan to move to Florida and look for a house in The Villages.

Ideally, we would like to live on one of the Exec courses, especially if we can just walk on and play on occasion.
Really!!!!

If your front door is open...can I walk in????
Old 01-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Hopefully they are not noting my bent left arm at the top my backswing.
Don't worry about the bent left arm. One of the greatest golfers in history, the 6-time British Open champion Harry Vardon, had a bent left arm at the top of his swing.

He was portrayed very well in the movie 'The Greatest Game Ever Played'.

Here are pictures of his swing:

https://www.google.com/search?q=doll...don+golf+swing
Closed Thread

Tags
live, house, busy, exec, walk, spring, virginia, hope, sell, plan, villages, courses, move, ideally, florida, groups, play, large, break, walked, started, wife, problem, playing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.