If we live next to an Exec course, can we just walk on and play?

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2015, 07:41 AM

NO!
Old 12-26-2015, 10:03 AM

Don't forget about the trail fees!
Old 12-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

The OP prefers walking so no trail fee required.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Most times it pays to read all the posts.....
Old 12-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Most times it pays to read all the posts.....
I wonder why people don't read previous posts to see if the question has already been answered.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Sage

Boredom? To keep a conversation going?
Old 12-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I had no idea golf course lots were that high in Brownwood!

Amazing!.... Because, you can buy a golf front home on Mira Mesa, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, with pool for 329,000. I personally would rather buy on Mira Mesa and not have a BOND in the La Reynolda Village, or Valle Verde Village. Different strokes for different folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I live in Tamarind Grove and the street next to ours is Odessa Circle. On one of of Odessa the homes have a villa wall behind them, on the outer side of the circle they have Southern Star Executive behind them. Those homes sold for $135,000 more than the ones across the street. That was the going rate for a golf course lot in 2011 when they were built regardless of the type of course. The villa wall homes were also charged a premium for having the wall, even though some of them had yards no deeper than 12' to the wall. I believe golf course lots now go as high as $175,000 in the Brownwood area.

Once after I first moved year in 2011 I noticed the cart path at Southern Star Executive was very wide, about 6' to 10' and concrete and would make an excellent bicycle path and I would not have go out on the street to ride my bike. Even though I noticed that day there were hardly any golfers on the course, within two minutes of riding my bike a marshall told me to leave. So you can figure that anyone on the course who is not authorized to be there, will be asked to leave no matter what you're doing, even just walking or jogging.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I read your question to my husband and he said, "He must be pulling your leg". And then he said, "If he plays golf he must know that you can't do that on any course in the world".

And I say no, even if it's empty. You start at the starter shack. Period and Amen.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

OP, there was another thread on a similar subject here: Golf after starter shacks close

Might be of help.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I read your question to my husband and he said, "He must be pulling your leg". And then he said, "If he plays golf he must know that you can't do that on any course in the world".
We are members of a private golf club in Northern Virginia and several of our members live next to the course. Late in the afternoon, some of them walk on to the course and play a few holes before dark. Of course, they never cut in front of other groups. No one has ever complained about them doing this.

Since people do it at our club and since all Villagers can play for free on the Exec courses, I wondered if people did it in The Villages.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Gold member
Default The answer is yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We are members of a private golf club in Northern Virginia and several of our members live next to the course. Late in the afternoon, some of them walk on to the course and play a few holes before dark. Of course, they never cut in front of other groups. No one has ever complained about them doing this.

Since people do it at our club and since all Villagers can play for free on the Exec courses, I wondered if people did it in The Villages.
some folks do it in the villages. The problem is that if they get caught they can be banned. Is it really worth it with so many areas to practice and so easy to get a tee time even in high use season(I've never, ever failed to get a tee time as a single).
Old 12-28-2015, 09:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
OP, there was another thread on a similar subject here: Golf after starter shacks close
That was a very good thread. Thanks very much for mentioning it.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:21 PM

Absolutely not. Spoken like a person that knows nothing about the game. First of all the champion golf courses cost money to play. That would be totally improper and that goes for the executive courses as well. That's like breaking in line or sneaking in thru a back door into a movie theater. I'm actually surprised at this question! When you get here they give you a book of rules for the golf courses; I suggest you read it and all your questions will be answered.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

We have belonged to Private Clubs but the ones where we belonged in Illinois and Tennessee never would allow you to just walk on and start playing golf, and it didn't matter if you lived in a million dollar house on the golf course or was President of the Board of Directors.

When you belong to a Club, it is important that all members are treated equal. I suspect that is also true and the idea here in TV.
Your Club in Virginia is a rare exception and not the rule.

Gof course lots are a matter of supply and demand. Prices rise accordingly.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbromley View Post
Absolutely not. Spoken like a person that knows nothing about the game. First of all the champion golf courses cost money to play. That would be totally improper and that goes for the executive courses as well. That's like breaking in line or sneaking in thru a back door into a movie theater. I'm actually surprised at this question! When you get here they give you a book of rules for the golf courses; I suggest you read it and all your questions will be answered.
Calm down. He said he plays golf, so he doesn't "know nothing about the game." He said he belongs to a private club that allows this to happen. He said he would live on an executive course, (free) not a champion course. Nobody has any proof that every single golf club in the US does not allow this practice.

He asked a simple question, and people are jumping all over him. Just not right.

Tags
live, house, busy, exec, walk, spring, virginia, hope, sell, plan, villages, courses, move, ideally, florida, groups, play, large, break, walked, started, wife, problem, playing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.