John Rahm

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2021, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
Walks of. the 18th green Saturday leading by six strokes, met by officials who advise he has tested positive for Corona Virus. He is forced to withdraw from tournament.
He had already been vaccinated for Covid.
I was just sick when I heard that. He plays 3 days except hole 18 on the 3rd day & then they can him from the tournament. When they tested him & everyone else on the first day, why everyday of the tournament, heck some people get tested once when they go into a store so why didn’t they test every person into a store everyday afterwards. They should of left his score stand & like it ended up nobody shot -17. What would they of done if several players tested positive (say 5,6, 7 or 8) canceled the tournament! At least Rahm was a good sport about it. What a shame!
Old 06-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Rules are rules don't like em don't play
The rules keep changing...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-08-2021, 09:11 AM

Do some research - Rahm was not vaccinated! I heard he is an anti-vaxxer. If so, serves him right!
Old 06-08-2021, 09:36 AM

He did know the PGA rules and took a gamble. Unfortunately, he lost.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

He gambled away 1.7 million. A very expensive lesson.
Hopefully, the other players and caddies will get vaccinated.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Proof of mass hysteria. Also proof that they have no common sense OR there was someone there that was out to get him.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to Nordhagen

Should have let him continue by playing by himself. He’s already been in close contact with his caddie. He obviously wasn’t too sick to play.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
Walks of. the 18th green Saturday leading by six strokes, met by officials who advise he has tested positive for Corona Virus. He is forced to withdraw from tournament.
He had already been vaccinated for Covid.
If he had been exposed to Covid on May 29th he should have been quarantined for 14 days. He never should have been able to play in that tournament in the first place. Now who has he exposed??!!
Old 06-08-2021, 10:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I feel bad for him, but ... my understanding, not confirmed other than by golfing eagles, is that he had not been vaccinated.

If that’s the case, why not??

When he was informed of the positive test, I heard him say “not again”. Does that mean he had tested positive previously, or that he had COVID before? I don’t know. I do have questions.

Sadly, he left a lot of money out on the golf course.

Sorry to say but this is what all the nonvaxers have to look forward to. You wanna get on that boat? You wanna play sports? You wanna go see sports....gotta get the vac. If this is what will open their eyes, so be it.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Sorry to say but this is what all the nonvaxers have to look forward to. You wanna get on that boat? You wanna play sports? You wanna go see sports....gotta get the vac. If this is what will open their eyes, so be it.
New's break: A cruise line will not be requiring vaccination for it's cruises. I believe it's Royal Caribbean that will NOT be requiring proof of vaccination.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Such a pity for him, but it sure made it more of a dramatic ending with the tie.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Sorry to say I don't know where you got your statistics but the actual test rates when the first 30,000 were done for each vaccine Where 88% and 95%. I can quote where I got where did you get yours? And by the way the j&j statistics are much much less
And I'll be happy to quote where I got mine----THE CDC----good enough for you??????

You are confusing the efficacy rate from the clinical trials with the real world breakthrough rate post mass vaccinations. They are NOT the same thing

"Rare breakthroughs
Of the more than 95 million people in the United States who were fully vaccinated, only 9,245 — or 0.01 percent — have been infected with the coronavirus as of April 26, according to the CDC. Just over a quarter of those people never had symptoms; 132 people, or 1 percent of the breakthrough infections, died. Twenty of those deaths were in asymptomatic people or probably not related to COVID-19."
Old 06-08-2021, 11:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

People continue to get this wrong. It is probably not their fault because the way the statistics were presented could have been better and most people probably do not understand how to interpret the statistics. What was presented from the Phase 3 trials for Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna was an efficacy of about 95%. This number, which is statistically significant, is the ratio of the number of positive cases from the test (vaccine) group and the number of positive cases from the control (placebo) group. Each group had about 20,000 participants. The efficacy represents the reduction in the probability that you will develop the disease if you are exposed and vaccinated when compared to someone who was exposed and not vaccinated. 95% is a factor of 20x. In other words, your probability of developing the disease if exposed and you are vaccinated is reduced by a factor of 20x when compared to someone who is exposed and not vaccinated.

The actual percentage of positive cases for the test (vaccine) group for the Pfizer Phase 3 trial was about 0.04% (this is the test group breakthrough percentage during the Pfizer Phase 3 trial). The actual percentage of positive cases for the control (placebo) group for the Pfizer Phase 3 trial was about 0.8% (this is the control group "breakthrough" percentage during the Pfizer Phase 3 trial).

The J&J efficacy rate was less than the Pfizer and Moderna efficacy rates but you should not make comparisons. First of all, the purpose of the efficacy calculation is to determine if the vaccine is effective at what it is designed to do. Secondly, the populations of the Pfizer and Moderna trials were much different than the population of the J&J trials. Any attempt to compare the efficacy between trials with significantly different populations is going to have issues.

Essentially, all three vaccines are effective at preventing serious disease and death. While there are breakthrough cases, the probability of winding up in the hospital or dying is very remote if you are vaccinated. The latest CDC guidance reflects this. There are medical professionals who have suggested that you choose which vaccine to receive based on which one is more readily available where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Sorry to say I don't know where you got your statistics but the actual test rates when the first 30,000 were done for each vaccine Where 88% and 95%. I can quote where I got where did you get yours? And by the way the j&j statistics are much much less

Last edited by tuccillo; 06-08-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:00 PM

No. Decline the vaccine because he was told he didn’t need it. We that was a costly mistake on his part because he already had covid
Old 06-08-2021, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman5652@aol.com View Post
No. Decline the vaccine because he was told he didn’t need it. We that was a costly mistake on his part because he already had covid
What are you trying to say?
Closed Thread

Tags
corona, virus, forced, john, positive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.