LagShot 7 Iron Training Tool - Helped or No Improvement Stories

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2023, 07:10 AM
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Village of Cason Hammock
Question LagShot 7 Iron Training Tool - Helped or No Improvement Stories

So I hit down and strike the ball versus swinging through and while lessons have helped - has anyone purchased and used this LagShot 7 Iron Training Aid Club I see online and had good (or bad) results? Please share experiences with this training aid and help convince me to purchase or not.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2023, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
So I hit down and strike the ball versus swinging through and while lessons have helped - has anyone purchased and used this LagShot 7 Iron Training Aid Club I see online and had good (or bad) results? Please share experiences with this training aid and help convince me to purchase or not.

Thanks!
In my early days playing golf, I fell for some of these wonder gizmo's.
Thing is, you can't use them on the course, and in 99.9% of times, do nothing for you.
Save your money and get your problem sorted with the clubs you will be using.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Training aids can be very helpful. It's been said that golf cannot be taught, it must be learned. The way to learn a physical subject is through feel.

It should be used in conjunction or under the supervision of a PGA professional. Something like this that can give you the feel of a correct part of the swing can be very helpful if that is what the root of your problem is. A PGA professional can help you determine your primary fault.

Most swing aids only address one area of the swing. That's why it's important to determine what needs fixing.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-13-2023, 11:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post

Thanks!
600+ Reviews

Amazon.com
Old 02-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Sage

Hitting down on the ball, IMHO is one of the worst pieces of advice that golfers have been given over the years.
Usually students have been told this when they are trying to scoop the ball into the air.
The thought of hitting down usually makes them slam the club into the ground. There are other ideas and drills that can help with the problem of scooping. Just as there are drills, training aids and thoughts that can help with the problem of slamming the club into the ground in an effort to "hit down on the ball".
See a PGA professional and get some help. Ask your instructor about this particular aid. It might help, it might not depending on what exactly you're doing. There might be drills that you can be given that will help you to correct the problem.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Hitting down on the ball, IMHO is one of the worst pieces of advice that golfers have been given over the years.
Usually students have been told this when they are trying to scoop the ball into the air.
The thought of hitting down usually makes them slam the club into the ground. There are other ideas and drills that can help with the problem of scooping. Just as there are drills, training aids and thoughts that can help with the problem of slamming the club into the ground in an effort to "hit down on the ball".
See a PGA professional and get some help. Ask your instructor about this particular aid. It might help, it might not depending on what exactly you're doing. There might be drills that you can be given that will help you to correct the problem.
Back to your original statement about working with a professional, the concept of hitting down on the ball is in reference to the statement that a good golf swing has you taking a divot after you hit the ball. With the exception of your driver and fairway woods. You need to hit the ball before hitting the ground, thus hitting down on the ball. If you only the words of the advice or statement, you are correct but if you understand them with context, they can be very powerful...
Old 02-14-2023, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
Back to your original statement about working with a professional, the concept of hitting down on the ball is in reference to the statement that a good golf swing has you taking a divot after you hit the ball. With the exception of your driver and fairway woods. You need to hit the ball before hitting the ground, thus hitting down on the ball. If you only the words of the advice or statement, you are correct but if you understand them with context, they can be very powerful...
Yes, it’s true that the ball should be struck slightly before the bottom of the arc but this should be a result of proper fundamentals. Intentionally attempting to hit down on the ball has hurt a lot of players. Good instructors will address the root of a problem rather than trying fix the result.

Closed Thread

Tags
training, lagshot, aid, helped, iron

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.