Long time TV Residents & Golf

Old 03-04-2024, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I was told (or read) that there are (2) different entities that own golf courses & amenities, the SLCDD and the VCCDD. Is that incorrect?

I read today in the ************* (& we all know they never get anything wrong), the Amenity Authority Committee handles north of 466 and the Project Wide Advisory Committee, handles south of 466.
Take a look at districtgov.org->Departments->Budget and the budgets for both the VCCDD and SLCDD. Search for "golf." You will find Golf Operations and Golf Maintenance lines in each. In the SLCDD budget you will find SLAD (Sumter Landing Amenities Division) capital projects for renovation and replacement work on four executive courses.

Quote:
[Now that's a new one on me. I typed the name of a fairly well known Villages' Newspaper and it was automatically replaced with asterisks when it posted. Is there a TOTV prohibition about mentioning that name?]
Don't know anything of the history and how we got here, but the news-site-that-shall-not-be-named is always replaced by ********* on this forum. You will also find that the wifi at the rec centers blocks that site (at least it did the last time I tried it). This must be frustrating for the reporter from that site who attends many (all?) of the CDD, PWAC, and NSCUDD meetings.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-04-2024, 08:24 AM

There is always a way, to gain the attention of the "powers that be".
Maybe 150-200 (500?) golfers, with signs on their carts forming a "golf cart parade" to protest the lousy golf course conditions? With a few (25?) YouTube videos.
Or Maybe
A protest of 500 golfers, with signs, at each of TV's sales offices?
Shouldn't be hard to come up with other effective protests.
Might have to do something, rather than bitching on a computer.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causey View Post
There is always a way, to gain the attention of the "powers that be".
Maybe 150-200 (500?) golfers, with signs on their carts forming a "golf cart parade" to protest the lousy golf course conditions? With a few (25?) YouTube videos.
Or Maybe
A protest of 500 golfers, with signs, at each of TV's sales offices?
Shouldn't be hard to come up with other effective protests.
Might have to do something, rather than bitching on a computer.
Someone actually did something very similar to this several years ago, she was evicted from TV and can never buy in again! Some of the long term residents will remember this saga.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That is probably true---3 months ago when conditions at Southern Oaks weren't all that good, the manager told me they were getting the maintenance staff from Glenview.
That would collaborate what I was told. I was told the change took place in early-mid November.

Tags
golf, villages, equipment, staff, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.