women golfers executive courses giving each other a putt within 9"

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Default women golfers executive courses giving each other a putt within 9"

Ladies, why is it that you never give your fellow women golfer a putt! Men concede putts within the length of the grip of the putter. Why do you have to always putt out every single putt even when it is 6 inches? On the executive courses it is all about pace of play. You do not have to putt out every putt.

I do not think you are playing for big bucks. Enjoy the game and give your fellow golfer a putt once in a while. It would certainly speed up play
Old 11-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Gold member

Why do you think that it is ladies who slow down play??? On the contrary men will always putt out when playing for a quarter! Not fair at all to blame either group.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default If true please stop calling it golf

Legally it is only with match play that putts can be conceded. Secondly never have I played with anyone here over these last eight years that conceded a putt the length of a putter. Third, conceding putts continually on executive courses makes for lousy play on championship. Fourth if what you say is true and many players are conceding such long putts well it explains the continually low score some golfers seem to brag about.

There are many ways to speed up the game but when people start making up rules as they go along well please don't call it golf and you might as well stop wasting score cards
Old 11-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Sage
Default Pot calling the kettle black

On the other hand....men, why do you hit from the black when it's clear that you should be hitting from the gold? Hitting from the proper tees would also speed up play. Just saying......
Old 11-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hmmmm!

Can I pass you some popcorn!
Old 11-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
On the other hand....men, why do you hit from the black when it's clear that you should be hitting from the gold? Hitting from the proper tees would also speed up play. Just saying......
I have been paired up with men from the black and they don't reach the forward green tees!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

I always putt out even if it's only 1 inch. I like the sound of the ball falling in the hole. Isn't that the point of golf anyway? Get the little ball in the hole. As long as you pick up after double par who cares? There are way more things that slow play down than putting out.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Sage

Each tee off time is 9 minutes apart.

This means you will finish in an hour and a half. Ask yourself if you maintain that pace and what you can do maintain that pace.

I'm a retired high school coach who has coached many beginners and here are my suggestions to move along, enjoy your company and improve.

1]hit from the tees where you can reach the green on a par three. if you don't reach the drop zone move the ball to the dop zone
2]if you are sharing a cart, drop off the player with the worse shot and let them walk to the green and drive to your shot
3]after 4 shots pick up the ball and give yourself a 4

The game should be fun, social and involve a little bit of walking [when possible or practical]

The best Village golfer on the executive courses is a little better then a beginner compared to pros. Make the game fast and fun by forgetting the rules.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Legally it is only with match play that putts can be conceded. Secondly never have I played with anyone here over these last eight years that conceded a putt the length of a putter. Third, conceding putts continually on executive courses makes for lousy play on championship. Fourth if what you say is true and many players are conceding such long putts well it explains the continually low score some golfers seem to brag about.

There are many ways to speed up the game but when people start making up rules as they go along well please don't call it golf and you might as well stop wasting score cards
I think the OP said a concession was given for the length of the putter grip...not the entire putter length.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Sage

When I was introducing my wife to the game I told her it was a 2 stroke penalty to mark any putt 18 inches or less

As she got better at the game and understood the rules and that I was just being an idiot again, I shared how I feel about putts given. I told her that unless she is in a match against someone, no one can give her a putt. It is her ball in play and it is her handicap. She can take any putt she wants and also putt any she wants...

Some folks thinking they are being nice will give putts. Fact is, unless you are in a match why would you ever give a putt to anyone? It is not yours to give...

I witnessed nice folks saying that is good to her when she had a three footer. Now she simply says thank you, but I need to work on this. She is anything but slow...

PS. If indeed she is in a match and someone does not concede a 9 inch putt she should find a new group
Old 11-13-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post

So very true....
Old 11-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
I always putt out even if it's only 1 inch. I like the sound of the ball falling in the hole. Isn't that the point of golf anyway? Get the little ball in the hole. As long as you pick up after double par who cares? There are way more things that slow play down than putting out.
The reason the hole is there is so you can putt the ball into it. When me and my wife play we always putt out - sometimes to the dismay of our fellow golfers. We hate it when they kick the ball to us when we are close. After the first time we tell them that we putt out on every hole.

Besides, if you pick up, you will be waiting on the next hole anyway.

Z
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamdogman View Post
Ladies, why is it that you never give your fellow women golfer a putt! Men concede putts within the length of the grip of the putter. Why do you have to always putt out every single putt even when it is 6 inches? On the executive courses it is all about pace of play. You do not have to putt out every putt.

I do not think you are playing for big bucks. Enjoy the game and give your fellow golfer a putt once in a while. It would certainly speed up play
You knew this was not going to go well didn't you?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Platinum member

I like mine with lots of butter!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:15 AM
Cool Flag Pole Length????

I thought a GMEEEEEEEEEEE was given if the distance from ball to hole was a FLAGPOLE LENGTH. I guess I'll need to get one of those FIVE FOOT LONG PUTTERS now.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.