Match play Nassau?

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Sage
Default Match play Nassau?

Normally my weekend golf match is made up of $5 nassaus. We play with each player (so max of 6 holes with each partner). We also play $1 per hole skin with carryover and $1 junk. No one gets killed and no one makes a living off of it but we keep track just for kicks.

Question: Do you guys do this type of wager or do you play mostly for score? Do you play other 'games'? What's the norm $?

Just curious.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 AM

Our foursome plays $5 Nassau with $1 points and we rotate partners each round.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Eternal Member

We have a group of 16 golfers(4 foursomes) that play every Friday morning. One person is responsible for initiating the T time reservation. Another person( this task rotates to a different player each week) decides what game we will play that week. He also collects the entry fee of $3 per golfer.. Payouts vary on team placement. Sometimes the player who has the game that week will pay out only first place winners and closer to the pin ($3) on each par 3. Some pay 1st, 2nd and even 3rd place . Game person's choice. Nobody gets rich and and nobody goes broke

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman1952 View Post
Our foursome plays $5 Nassau with $1 points and we rotate partners each round.
Play Bingo-Bango-Bongo.. Usually a buck a point.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Sage
Default Games I play over the past few years

As far as wages I personally do not feel comfortable in games that cost folks more than $10 per round unless I know the folks. It can become too serious for some and I am long past serious golf. I find that a putt to beat my buddy out of a beer is just as much pressure as one that takes $20 out of his pocket and more fun afterwards. One of the games I mention below can cost the players $20, but each shows up voluntarily and none care about the $20. Here are three games I play......

A game I enjoy when I do not wish to disappoint a partner (which is often lately) is 6-4-2-0. We play 100% handicap and points are awarded per hole. Winner of a hole gets 6 points, second place get 4, third gets 2 and worst score gets 0. If three players tie with best score they get four points each. If all four tie they each get 3 points or zero depending on your account style. We play for 25 - 50 cents per point. If you play this game with three players, the points per hole are 4-2-0. I like this game much better than skins as the hole does not end because someone wins, you may still need a 4 footer for bogey to not finish last on the whole.

Back in Foxboro, MA a common game is called segments. I have never played it other places. Hopefully I can explain it so it makes sense. A group meets on the weekend from 16 - 32 guys. The lowest handicaps in the group make up the list of captains. The captains then pick their teams, handicap is not used. The team score for each hole is the aggregate of the low 3 balls. A segment is three holes. The team with the low aggregate for the three holes wins that segment. There are 6 segments. It costs $20 per player to play, $3 for each segment and $1 for 'dots' per nine. The aspect I like in segments is that a single hole does not end your day. If the team is +9 after the second hole of a segment, you simply say "we will get the next segment".

I do love match play individual or fourball. A wrinkle on Nassau I sometimes play is $3 auto press, it is $3 per side as normal, but another $3 match starts as soon as a 'side' is down two holes.

Last edited by ajbrown; 05-16-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.