MickyLee Course in fantastic condition

Old 05-02-2024, 08:05 AM
Veteran member
Default MickyLee Course in fantastic condition

In the midst of all the negative news about course conditions, it is only fair to also make note of the ones in great shape. MickyLee has been immaculate since it opened. The only issues have been caused by entitled Residents who don’t hit off the mats or repair divots on the greens.
I know many will say the Pitch and Putt courses don’t get much traffic but that doesn’t hold water. Marshview has been in poor shape for a few years.
Kudos to the maintenance staff and supervision staff that manage Mickylee.

Last edited by HoosierPa; 05-02-2024 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,206 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
In the midst of all the negative news about course conditions, it is only fair to also make note of the ones in great shape. MickyLee has been immaculate since it opened. The only issues have been caused by entitled Residents who don’t hit off the mats or repair divots on the greens.
I know many will say the Pitch and Putt courses don’t get much traffic but that doesn’t hold water. Marshview has not been in poor shape for a few years.
Kudos to the maintenance staff and supervision staff that manage Mickylee.

I've noticed that a lot of flower beds on Morse Blvd are in nice condition, too.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:04 PM
Default Turf moisture meter

Since I still haven't figured out how to start a new thread, I'll throw this in here. Whilst practicing over at the fine chipping green at Bonifay today, a young worker was working his way around the margins of it with a cool looking gadget. Pretty sure it was one of these. *FieldScout TDR 350 Soil Moisture Meter (Case Included) | Spectrum Technologies Had no idea such a thing existed. It apparently measures the moisture content of the soil. He said the numbers were all looking to be in the "good" range. This article that I found seemed to explain it pretty well. What the Tech? Moisture meters for greater efficiency, healthier turf - GCMOnline.com From the article:

"When we talk about moisture meters, what exactly are we referring to? These are meters such as time-domain reflectometers (TDR) that measure the dielectric constant of the soil to estimate its water content. Unless you’re a physicist, the only thing you need to know about a soil’s dielectric constant is that it is highly correlated to soil water content. Therefore, measuring a soil’s dielectric constant makes it possible to estimate soil water content accurately."

Just hoping there won't be a test.

Tags
mickylee, staff, shape, don’t, traffic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.