Never under-estimate the stupidity of America's Youth

Old 01-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts
Default Never under-estimate the stupidity of America's Youth

So I'm playing Amelia at Mallory, around 5 pm tonight.

Standing on the 3rd Tee. I see a woman walking around, between the cart path and the road, about 50 yards left of the Green.

It's playing 141, downhill. Simple knock down Wedge to about 5'. I'm playing an orange & yellow, Vice Shade golf ball.

I start to drive towards the Green and the woman, who's got on AirPods & playing with her phone, starts walking towards the Green & the Flag. I'm the only person on the golf course and there's no one else within 1000 yards.

I pull my cart up next to the Green and realize it's not a woman, but a girl of about 16-17. She walks towards the pin, picks up my ball and walks away with it.

I start walking to towards the Green and say; "what are you doing"? She says, "Oh, is this yours"? "No, it fell next to that Flag, when it was dropped from a UFO" is what I felt like saying.

She then hands me the ball and walks through the middle of the golf course (which is hidden from the Tee box).

If you haven't paid a Greens Fee, stay off the Championship Golf Courses. They're private property and not a place to stroll, walk, jog, play with your dog, push a baby carriage or cut through to somewhere else.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Sorry to point this out, but she doesn’t care, her grandparents have zero control or responsibility of where or what she is doing.

The only thing this post is going to create is she should know better.. new ps she doesn’t, and if there was only one out roaming the course feel lucky
Old 01-16-2024, 07:03 PM
Veteran member

Just yesterday a landscaping guy doing work for the Villages on the edge of an Executive course picked up my ball that landed about 1 feet short from the "out of bounds" fence, drove his UTV towards me and threw the ball over to me, like he was doing me a favor.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sorry to point this out, but she doesn’t care, her grandparents have zero control or responsibility of where or what she is doing.

The only thing this post is going to create is she should know better.. new ps she doesn’t, and if there was only one out roaming the course feel lucky
OH! Yes, she knows better but, being an entitled "karen", and also a likely casual shoplifter and picker up of anything not nailed down, says the innocent "oh! Is this yours? (Wide eyes, surprised look of Innocents). Take anything you can, but if you get challenged, act brain dead innocent and return it and you will get away hassle free. If you don’t get challenged, its YOURS.
I hope OP at least gave her chewing out. Not that it would do any good.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post

I hope OP at least gave her chewing out. Not that it would do any good.
When I saw her continue to walk towards the middle of the golf course, I told her to get off the golf course, before I called someone to have her thrown off.

I neglected to mention the dope with the 4 seater golf cart (& no golf clubs) who was driving around another fairway, apparently showing his "guest" around the golf course.

I know posting on this site isn't going to change anything, but it just aggravates the hell out of me, when things like this happen and it seems to happen way too frequently in TV.
Old 01-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Brian99, sometimes it just feels good to vent, and to share your frustration.

[Sometimes I wish I could whack a dummy!] Uhh, did I say that out loud?
Old 01-18-2024, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

First, I find your story hilarious.
Second stupidity is not wasted on the youth, if you look around there are people of all ages who are getting a piece of this action.
Whenever I'm out I'm always aware of people around me, not for fear I will be harm from an irresponsible person, but more they will put themselves in a position where I won't be able to avoid doing them harm.
Forget she pickup your ball, this fool was walking around the green with air pods.
Sooner or later, if she keeps this up, she's going to get hit with a ball.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:05 AM
Default Chill out!

Your in The Villages, relax, you are taking this way too serious. It's just a golf ball. How do you handle important issues?
Old 01-18-2024, 06:47 AM

Complain complain - this world isn't all about you OP!
Old 01-18-2024, 07:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibley24@verizon.net View Post
Your in The Villages, relax, you are taking this way too serious. It's just a golf ball. How do you handle important issues?
Well said. Finding the humor is stupidity is better for your blood pressure.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
When I saw her continue to walk towards the middle of the golf course, I told her to get off the golf course, before I called someone to have her thrown off.

I neglected to mention the dope with the 4 seater golf cart (& no golf clubs) who was driving around another fairway, apparently showing his "guest" around the golf course.

I know posting on this site isn't going to change anything, but it just aggravates the hell out of me, when things like this happen and it seems to happen way too frequently in TV.
Take pictures next time.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The stupidity is not limited to young people. How many times have we seen (old) people driving incorrectly in the roundabouts potentially causing accidents? Or the dopes you see driving their automobiles on recreational trails? Or the nitwits who drive 25 mph in the left lane in a 45 mph zone? It happens daily.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
The stupidity is not limited to young people. How many times have we seen (old) people driving incorrectly in the roundabouts potentially causing accidents? Or the dopes you see driving their automobiles on recreational trails? Or the nitwits who drive 25 mph in the left lane in a 45 mph zone? It happens daily.
Quite true. But it should be pointed out that there are probably a fair number of seniors here endangering themselves or others by their driving shenanigans are doing so because they're incapable, either physically, mentally or both, of doing so correctly in anything resembling a routine manner. Teens and young adults as a rule don't have such limitations. They should know better.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Well said. Finding the humor is stupidity is better for your blood pressure.
Yeah but that’s not the point. The game has its own rules and when some outside force (oblivious gal or worker) interferes with the player’s enjoyment that player has every right to be annoyed. One question might be where is the oversight on the courses? It would also be appropriate to see the OP’s point of view instead of making light of it.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:07 AM
Default I used to get mad, now i just laugh and laugh.

People like this used to frustrate the heck out of me until one day i decided to just laugh at them instead. It's just a ball, it's just a game, no one got run off the road, no one got hurt.

Life is an excellent teacher and this girl has some hard lessons ahead of her. Imagine her surprise when she gets hit in the butt by a golf ball one day
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Tags
green, golf, playing, ball, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.