Never under-estimate the stupidity of America's Youth

Old 01-18-2024, 08:20 AM

You didn’t tell about the Titleist bird that lays golf balls at random places around the golf courses?

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 01-18-2024, 08:28 AM
Default Lost old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I start walking to towards the Green and say; "what are you doing"? She says, "Oh, is this yours"? "No, it fell next to that Flag, when it was dropped from a UFO" is what I felt like saying.
Brian, I bet she told the person she was on the phone with "omg I just found an angry old man that looks just like great grandpa wandering around a field chasing a little ball. I hope they find him before he gets hurt. You know it's a shame no one uses this field for anything, it's pretty but they could totally put a Ulta right over there!"
Old 01-18-2024, 08:50 AM

Played Southern Star a few nights ago. Tee’d off on the 3rd or 4th hole hitting towards St Charles Place. Began to drive towards the green when a golf cart with mature folks drives up the golf cart path from St Charles Pl and turns onto a path leading to the Sterling Heights Rec center area. I was wanting to say something to the effect that it might be better to drive a few yards down to the actual entrance to the rec center rather than risk getting hit by a bad drive…. Figured I’d only waste my breath. They looked right at me and kept driving as if they were unaware they were driving on a golf course.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

This is one of the funniest stories ever. I can see her at a tennis match wandering on the court, and pick up a tennis ball. Or at a baseball game, wandering on the field picking up a baseball. Football, hockey..... think of the possibilities.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proveone View Post
You really needed to post this experience! Did you think a teenager would read and learn something from your post? Your comment about never underestimate the stupidity of American youth, are you reflecting on your youthful days! Your post should have be saved for when you were drinking with your golfing buddies, if you have any!
“OK, Boomer!”
Old 01-18-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
So I'm playing Amelia at Mallory, around 5 pm tonight.

Standing on the 3rd Tee. I see a woman walking around, between the cart path and the road, about 50 yards left of the Green.

It's playing 141, downhill. Simple knock down Wedge to about 5'. I'm playing an orange & yellow, Vice Shade golf ball.

I start to drive towards the Green and the woman, who's got on AirPods & playing with her phone, starts walking towards the Green & the Flag. I'm the only person on the golf course and there's no one else within 1000 yards.

I pull my cart up next to the Green and realize it's not a woman, but a girl of about 16-17. She walks towards the pin, picks up my ball and walks away with it.

I start walking to towards the Green and say; "what are you doing"? She says, "Oh, is this yours"? "No, it fell next to that Flag, when it was dropped from a UFO" is what I felt like saying.

She then hands me the ball and walks through the middle of the golf course (which is hidden from the Tee box).

If you haven't paid a Greens Fee, stay off the Championship Golf Courses. They're private property and not a place to stroll, walk, jog, play with your dog, push a baby carriage or cut through to somewhere else.
So where did you take a drop or replace your ball to its original lye?
Old 01-18-2024, 09:31 AM
Smile It is to laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Just yesterday a landscaping guy doing work for the Villages on the edge of an Executive course picked up my ball that landed about 1 feet short from the "out of bounds" fence, drove his UTV towards me and threw the ball over to me, like he was doing me a favor.
I only have so many years left so I want to use them having fun and laughing at the world. I admit I get frustrated at times but my 2 yr old Grandson has taught me a lot about patience and the need to keep a Kleenex or napkin near by. I don't have any recommendations just an idea of how I do things and try to feel.

Have a better day. Maybe next time try to explain even if she does not listen.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,797 Times in 734 Posts

Talk about 1st world problems...
Old 01-18-2024, 09:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
You didn’t tell about the Titleist bird that lays golf balls at random places around the golf courses?
Which is why I mentioned I was playing a Vice Shade Ball (Orange & Yellow).

The Titleist Bird only $hites white balls and usually lays them in the rough, not 3' from the pin.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sorry to point this out, but she doesn’t care, her grandparents have zero control or responsibility of where or what she is doing.

The only thing this post is going to create is she should know better.. new ps she doesn’t, and if there was only one out roaming the course feel lucky
I’d say the mother has zero control? Unless of course her grand parents raised her? More like day care has raised her IMO
Old 01-18-2024, 10:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

I don’t take a round of golf seriously, if I did I might consider it work.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:24 AM
Default wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
Brian, I bet she told the person she was on the phone with "omg I just found an angry old man that looks just like great grandpa wandering around a field chasing a little ball. I hope they find him before he gets hurt. You know it's a shame no one uses this field for anything, it's pretty but they could totally put a Ulta right over there!"
Trying to think of how many hills I've played that were steep enough for great grandpa to be hitting a knock down wedge 141. :-) Remember this one hole up in Atlanta, maybe, but there still woulda been a lot of roll involved. Googling taught me that Ulta was not something misspelt. :-)
Old 01-18-2024, 10:25 AM
Default just

just tell her you could get hurt you need to say off courses she doesn't know
Old 01-18-2024, 10:27 AM
Default neon

Quote:
Which is why I mentioned I was playing a Vice Shade Ball (Orange & Yellow).

The Titleist Bird only $hites white balls and usually lays them in the rough, not 3' from the pin.
ProV1's come in that neon yellowish green - or at least the ones that "Lost Golf Balls" sells do.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:34 AM

So, you hit it 5 ft from the hole, an outside agency moved your ball allowing you to replace it. you replaced it 3 ft from the hole. I would say she did you a favor. If she picks it up 2 more times you would replace it in the hole. The bigger question is, Did you make the putt once you replaced it. Now that would be a good golfer.

Tags
green, golf, playing, ball, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.