Never under-estimate the stupidity of America's Youth

Old 01-18-2024, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestIA View Post
just tell her you could get hurt you need to say off courses she doesn't know
Oh! You can bet she knew. Just entitled and disengaged from reality. Typical "karen"!
Old 01-18-2024, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
So, you hit it 5 ft from the hole, an outside agency moved your ball allowing you to replace it. you replaced it 3 ft from the hole. I would say she did you a favor. If she picks it up 2 more times you would replace it in the hole. The bigger question is, Did you make the putt once you replaced it. Now that would be a good golfer.
Would have been a better story if OP had dropped her 5 ft for the pin and bounced in off her head.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:59 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

I try my best not to sweat the small stuff. It doesn’t always work but I still try.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:32 PM

A similar thing happened to me several years ago at Mangrove executive golf course, where a woman golfer, after finishing a par 3, watched our group tee off, proceeded to pick my my ball on the green and go to her next tee. After catching up with her, I realized she felt completely comfortable knowingly taking someone else's ball. Amazing.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
A similar thing happened to me several years ago at Mangrove executive golf course, where a woman golfer, after finishing a par 3, watched our group tee off, proceeded to pick my my ball on the green and go to her next tee. After catching up with her, I realized she felt completely comfortable knowingly taking someone else's ball. Amazing.
Did you help yourself to one of her clubs?
Old 01-18-2024, 09:07 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

I neglected to mention the dope with the 4 seater golf cart (& no golf clubs) who was driving around another fairway, apparently showing his "guest" around the golf course.
I'm confused. I thought there was no one else within 1000 yards???
Old 01-18-2024, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

I’ll nominate the stupid youth of the day award to the young girl driving the golf cart today who came whipping around the corner into the Saddlebrook tunnel, from the wrong “one way” direction while driving in the left lane, and would have hit us head on if I didn’t slam on the brakes. She was laughing like the whole thing was some kind of an amusement park ride and she did nothing wrong. People need to be much more careful about giving the keys to their golf carts to visiting kids.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibley24@verizon.net View Post
Your in The Villages, relax, you are taking this way too serious. It's just a golf ball. How do you handle important issues?
You are missing the point.
No one is teaching this young girl how to act in society.
She’s on a golf course, others have paid to be there to play a sport. She has not. This is not the city park. This is not grandpas back yard.
She’s taking a golf ball. It’s not hers, it obviously belongs to somebody. But she knows it’s not hers. So leave it alone.
She is a visitor. Whoever she is visiting has an obligation to educate her on how to behave.
I live on a golf course. When my grandkids started coming to TV we talked about the rules of the golf course. They never once went on the course when golfers were playing. End of the day….sure, they ran around out there.
Going to the pool? The first thing we did was read the rules posted on the wall. Then they followed them.
We want our grandchildren to become adults who fit in to society and are team players.
You aren’t doing your grandchild any favor letting her behave like a narcissistic princess.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibley24@verizon.net View Post
Your in The Villages, relax, you are taking this way too serious. It's just a golf ball. How do you handle important issues?
OMG, you so, so win.
"It's playing 141, downhill. Simple knock down Wedge to about 5'."

What the heck does this have to do with anything anyway?
Old 01-19-2024, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
I find it hard to believe that she finished her hole, then just stood there while your group teed off.
I suggest there may have been an alternate scenario.
A group of women golfers, followed by a group of men golfers.
The men think game play is going too slow, and tee off while the women are still on the green.
I have been “hit into” a few times in my golfing career.
I don’t leave their ball lying there. I pick it up and take it with me.
Just once the man approached me. I returned it, and asked that he not hit into me again.
The rest of the time…..
When the ambassador came by I gave the ball to him. I asked him to return it to the gentleman behind me. With a conversation on golf etiquette.
What I’ve never seen happen is a golfer stand by the green, waiting for the next group to tee off. Then running out on the green and stealing his golf ball. Never seen that one.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I’ll nominate the stupid youth of the day award to the young girl driving the golf cart today who came whipping around the corner into the Saddlebrook tunnel, from the wrong “one way” direction while driving in the left lane, and would have hit us head on if I didn’t slam on the brakes. She was laughing like the whole thing was some kind of an amusement park ride and she did nothing wrong. People need to be much more careful about giving the keys to their golf carts to visiting kids.
Wow!

Tags
green, golf, playing, ball, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.