New 2 Golf Cart Limit

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2023, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
I play the Championship courses twice, weekly. I am in a group of four and we always submit a request for all of us even if we know one will be unable to play.
Upon checking in, we state that one decided not to play because they had an appointment they forgot about or some other excuse. That way, we never worry about potentially riding with an unpleasant individual or dealing with a starter on a power trip.
Yes.....we have special names for people like you.
Old 11-10-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
If you go to golfthevillages.com and click on Golf Cart Policies below is what is stated

No more than two golf cars will be allowed when golfers share
the same reservation number and the same tee time.

When ‘special circumstances’ occur, making 3 golf cars an option,
one golf car must remain off the fairway on each hole.
No more than three golf cars will be allowed in any group.

Exception: Only executive courses that have continuous
golf car path may allow up to four golf cars in a group with two
golf cars remaining on the golf car path at all times.

I only play Championship courses so what I state refers to Championship courses only.

If a reservation is made for 3 golfers at the same time they all have the same reservation #. If another golfer joins that threesome they have a different reservation #.

Now here is where it gets dark gray. When special circumstances' occur making 3 golf cars an option one golf car must remain off the fairway on each hole.

What are special circumstances? Yes I am aware that we are all special.

My thought would be that below are two of the obvious special circumstances.

Three ladies on a reservation # and a man joins them under a different # one lady dosen't want to ride with a man they don't know.

Three golfers on same reservation 2 non smokers 1 smoker and another golfer joins them with different reservation # that golfer can take a third cart instead of riding with the smoker.

Now what member of the country club staff makes the decision as to what may determine any other special circumstance? I can answer that question no one knows.

I was told by a starter on October 31st when we showed up at the starter shack with 3 carts that tomarrow 3 carts would not be allowed on the course. I said what does the special circunstance policy mean and he said that he dosen't make that decision. I then asked him what he would do if tomarrow 3 carts showed up at the starter shack. His answer was he would sent them back to the proshop and they would that decision. I then ask him if that was his policy or was that the policy of that country club his answer was that was the policy of that counrty club. At the turn that starter started out the same thing tomarrow you won't be able to take 3 carts. I asked him what would you do if 3 carts showed up he said no matter what only 3 carts. I told him what the other starter said and he said he had never heard of such a thing.

As I see it as most of The Villages operations are ran at a high level of effeciency the championship golf operations rules seem to very at to who you are talking to and that person is very poor at making up thier on policies. One of the places they very the most is at the starter shacks. At the starter shacks they are either control freaks or only half way pay attention as to when they want you to pull up to the white stake or tee box.

The cart rules are fine with me but some clarifacation of how to handle the gray area would be nice. My guess is if you ask three people at a country club you will get three different answers.
Lots of typing for a very easy question. Starters DO NOT make the call for special circumstances, the pro or the assistance mangers make the call when notified.
Old 11-10-2023, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPratt View Post
How does a single golfer who is placed in a single cart know the driver/owner has sufficient insurance should an accident occur?
Insurance is not a concern of the golf courses. If you are in the same reservation all players know each other. If you are a add on you can take own cart.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, working, group, carts, mandate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.