New 2 Golf Cart Limit

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2023, 01:39 PM
Veteran member
Default New 2 Golf Cart Limit

How is the new mandate that only allows 2 golf carts per group working out for you?
Old 11-08-2023, 01:50 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

First day or two, "supervision" was available for the battles.

Now that supervision is gone, most starters don't care.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
How is the new mandate that only allows 2 golf carts per group working out for you?
It's not "new", it's the same as it was for many years pre-pandemic.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:55 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It's not "new", it's the same as it was for many years pre-pandemic.
Yes, exactly. Two times I had a tee time in the past and did not get to play. I chose to return home. The time had 2 openings. I chose a time, that made a threesome. When I checked it I was directed to get into the cart of a man sitting in the driver's seat smoking a cigar. I have no problem with that in general, but I personally don't want to sit next to that in a golf cart. I was very careful to discretely tell the starter I had no objections to playing with two gentlemen, but would be more comfortable just taking my own car. Told that was impossible and was told to put my things on the cart next to the cigar smoker. I asked if perhaps one of the gentlemen could just be told to bring their clubs and put on my cart so I could decline someone asking to smoke in the cart. Answer was "no", that is up to the starter to assign how these things are settled and the twosome checked in first. So, got my bag and proceeded to the 2nd man's cart. As I approached they were having the most vulgar conversation you can imagine. I am no Victorian prude but this was just too much (discussing one man's ex-wife in really shocking terms). I quietly went back and told the starter "This is just not going to workout, is there any other option, maybe be assigned to a group going off after my time ?". Looked at his sheet and told me no openings, so my choice was to get on one the carts of the two individuals, or, go home. I went home, thought it over, and decided to go have a calm, UN-argumentative talk with the golf admin. office about how such things are regulated as to civil language and smoking, etc. At public courses I found the marshals are on top of such things, but having no course marshals here (years ago I was shocked to find they only have "ambassadors" but didn't give it much thought really), I never expected to run into such situations of having no right to ride alone due to the 2 cart rule. Also surprised to fine he who checks in first has the choice to be the driver and not have to move his/her clubs to another cart. I have only had two instances of this in all these years so, while annoying to have plans and be given the choice of riding with a smoker or a person with a habit of fowl language, I consider it fortunate. When my husband could no longer play, I found most golfers to be warm, welcoming, polite and willing to ride in my cart or theirs. However, when it changed to being able to ride alone if you wished, I was so hopeful that it would not revert to the "old" two cart rule. I realize on exec courses anyone always has the choice of renting a walking cart to avoid unpleasant circumstances such as smoking, etc. so I am not furious, or angry, just sorry to see this return because most times it is a pleasant way to meet new friends. I do think the ability to check gender of players if you pay for the one line reservation system is a great feature, but never thought it was critical until I had the two "experiences".

Last edited by Pairadocs; 11-08-2023 at 02:58 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-08-2023, 03:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Confused

Wait a minute, pairadocs. Didn't I read a single walk-on could take his/her own cart so long as the one-in-the-rough rule is observed. The other day I asked one of the management crew and he confirmed this.
Old 11-08-2023, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Yes, exactly. Two times I had a tee time in the past and did not get to play. I chose to return home. The time had 2 openings. I chose a time, that made a threesome. When I checked it I was directed to get into the cart of a man sitting in the driver's seat smoking a cigar. I have no problem with that in general, but I personally don't want to sit next to that in a golf cart. I was very careful to discretely tell the starter I had no objections to playing with two gentlemen, but would be more comfortable just taking my own car. Told that was impossible and was told to put my things on the cart next to the cigar smoker. I asked if perhaps one of the gentlemen could just be told to bring their clubs and put on my cart so I could decline someone asking to smoke in the cart. Answer was "no", that is up to the starter to assign how these things are settled and the twosome checked in first. So, got my bag and proceeded to the 2nd man's cart. As I approached they were having the most vulgar conversation you can imagine. I am no Victorian prude but this was just too much (discussing one man's ex-wife in really shocking terms). I quietly went back and told the starter "This is just not going to workout, is there any other option, maybe be assigned to a group going off after my time ?". Looked at his sheet and told me no openings, so my choice was to get on one the carts of the two individuals, or, go home. I went home, thought it over, and decided to go have a calm, UN-argumentative talk with the golf admin. office about how such things are regulated as to civil language and smoking, etc. At public courses I found the marshals are on top of such things, but having no course marshals here (years ago I was shocked to find they only have "ambassadors" but didn't give it much thought really), I never expected to run into such situations of having no right to ride alone due to the 2 cart rule. Also surprised to fine he who checks in first has the choice to be the driver and not have to move his/her clubs to another cart. I have only had two instances of this in all these years so, while annoying to have plans and be given the choice of riding with a smoker or a person with a habit of fowl language, I consider it fortunate. When my husband could no longer play, I found most golfers to be warm, welcoming, polite and willing to ride in my cart or theirs. However, when it changed to being able to ride alone if you wished, I was so hopeful that it would not revert to the "old" two cart rule. I realize on exec courses anyone always has the choice of renting a walking cart to avoid unpleasant circumstances such as smoking, etc. so I am not furious, or angry, just sorry to see this return because most times it is a pleasant way to meet new friends. I do think the ability to check gender of players if you pay for the one line reservation system is a great feature, but never thought it was critical until I had the two "experiences".
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Wait a minute, pairadocs. Didn't I read a single walk-on could take his/her own cart so long as the one-in-the-rough rule is observed. The other day I asked one of the management crew and he confirmed this.
Probably one of those starters exercising his supposed superiority. It amazes how a fellow villager can be such an ass ! It just makes the good guys look bad……..
Old 11-08-2023, 04:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
You are exactly right. IF the "3rd cart" reservation is a different # than the original booking for the Tee Time, you can take a 3rd cart. No questions, no justifications.

I don't play Exec courses, so I don't know how it applies there, but on the Championship courses, I've had no problem with the situation, at Mallory, Palmer, Cane Garden & TDS. That's all I've been to, since the recent update to the policy.

Last edited by BrianL99; 11-08-2023 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2023, 05:18 PM

goes to show you give a inch people will take foot
Old 11-08-2023, 06:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Cart path only should be acceptable for executive courses. Don’t understand paying for a trail fee and not able to use personal cart.

Last edited by Babubhat; 11-08-2023 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-08-2023, 07:08 PM

They can’t force you to ride with a smoker, period dot.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

in the executive courses, you can still have 4 carts per foursome, BUT only 2 can be on the fairway of a par 4. Championship courses are different though. Only 2 carts per foursome on the complete course. Read the posting at the starter shack for clarification.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Incorrect. Yesterday Lowlands demanded only 2 carts per foursome.

Starter made no mention of a posted policy. It should be glued to the check in window.

Exception: Only executive courses that have continuous
golf car path may allow up to four golf cars in a group with two golf cars remaining on the golf car path at all times.

Found the policy buried in the golf website. This should be on front page. The author of this policy needs to get an earful from many. A 90 degree rule solves this issue. Ridiculous.

https://www.golfthevillages.com/what...20Policies.pdf

Last edited by Babubhat; 11-09-2023 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
You mean like chain you to the smoker's cart? No, they can't.

But they can designate you as a third cart (if you are on a different reservation #) and make you stay on the cart path. If you refuse, they can, like any business deny you service---as long as it is not on the basis of race, religion, etc. Period dot.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:19 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Same reservation number or not......I've seen a starter "force" and I've seen a starter understand and let it slide.

It's a power thing for the starter.......it's sad some starters.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:33 AM

Golf is a good walk spoiled - by golf carts (and real estate oriented course architects).

Try adding a carry bag to your cart. Perhaps when you start swapping your clubs into it the starter will relent, or the two drivers will make an accomodation?
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, working, group, carts, mandate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.