New 2 Golf Cart Limit

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2023, 08:14 AM

I agree
Old 11-09-2023, 08:21 AM

How dare they enforce a pre-pandemic rule. Don't they realize the world has changed for the better since then.

If you don't like the rules, don't play. If all you do is complain about The Villages move.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Incorrect. Yesterday Lowlands demanded only 2 carts per foursome.

Starter made no mention of a posted policy. It should be glued to the check in window.

Exception: Only executive courses that have continuous
golf car path may allow up to four golf cars in a group with two golf cars remaining on the golf car path at all times.

Found the policy buried in the golf website. This should be on front page. The author of this policy needs to get an earful from many. A 90 degree rule solves this issue. Ridiculous.

https://www.golfthevillages.com/what...20Policies.pdf
Lowlands and Longleaf the exceptions to the executive course rules. The reason is there is not a continuous cart path along the par 4's
Old 11-09-2023, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
They can’t force you to ride with a smoker, period dot.
No, but they could offer you the option to go home.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
How is the new mandate that only allows 2 golf carts per group working out for you?
Makes no sense on executive course with no par 4,s. Speeds up play
Old 11-09-2023, 08:35 AM

No sense on executive courses esp those without par 4’s Besides speeds up play
Old 11-09-2023, 08:59 AM

I've played golf for over 60 years. Two carts per foursome has been NORMAL at nearly every golf course I've played. I was astonished to come to TV and see three and four carts in a group.

If I sign up as a single, I'm playing cart roulette and I'm going to get whatever I get. That's the way it's always been. If I want more assurance about not riding with someone objectionable, then I join a regular group of friends. (Of course, even there, there's always that ONE guy...) If I truly don't want to ride with someone, as the OP describes, I can always get a rain check and play another day.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:03 AM

The real issue is pace of play. Having one or more golf carts having to stay in the rough means the golfer "most likely" will have to walk to his ball. Many people use range finders
so they walk to their ball, shoot the distance, then walk back to their cart to get the club they want, then walk back to the ball and hit it. Yes, they should guess the distance bring 2 or 3 clubs with them but many people do not do this. It is similar to golf path only holes. I understand why, when the course is wet, it has to be done. However, when you are then told you are behind and have to "pick up your pace of play" I have to bite my tongue to what I want to reply. I don't know how often this is going to happen, but if it is often, I predict many over the "pace of play" rounds. It is called the law of unintended consequences.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehonour View Post
I've played golf for over 60 years. Two carts per foursome has been NORMAL at nearly every golf course I've played. I was astonished to come to TV and see three and four carts in a group.

If I sign up as a single, I'm playing cart roulette and I'm going to get whatever I get. That's the way it's always been. If I want more assurance about not riding with someone objectionable, then I join a regular group of friends. (Of course, even there, there's always that ONE guy...) If I truly don't want to ride with someone, as the OP describes, I can always get a rain check and play another day.
Or just carry your walking cart and say I'll just walk it.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:25 AM

Agreed. golf cart path should good enough to let a fee paying golfer use his own cart.especially on executive courses which have cart paths.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:14 AM

I play the Championship courses twice, weekly. I am in a group of four and we always submit a request for all of us even if we know one will be unable to play.
Upon checking in, we state that one decided not to play because they had an appointment they forgot about or some other excuse. That way, we never worry about potentially riding with an unpleasant individual or dealing with a starter on a power trip.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Yes, exactly. Two times I had a tee time in the past and did not get to play. I chose to return home. The time had 2 openings. I chose a time, that made a threesome. When I checked it I was directed to get into the cart of a man sitting in the driver's seat smoking a cigar. I have no problem with that in general, but I personally don't want to sit next to that in a golf cart. I was very careful to discretely tell the starter I had no objections to playing with two gentlemen, but would be more comfortable just taking my own car. Told that was impossible and was told to put my things on the cart next to the cigar smoker. I asked if perhaps one of the gentlemen could just be told to bring their clubs and put on my cart so I could decline someone asking to smoke in the cart. Answer was "no", that is up to the starter to assign how these things are settled and the twosome checked in first. So, got my bag and proceeded to the 2nd man's cart. As I approached they were having the most vulgar conversation you can imagine. I am no Victorian prude but this was just too much (discussing one man's ex-wife in really shocking terms). I quietly went back and told the starter "This is just not going to workout, is there any other option, maybe be assigned to a group going off after my time ?". Looked at his sheet and told me no openings, so my choice was to get on one the carts of the two individuals, or, go home. I went home, thought it over, and decided to go have a calm, UN-argumentative talk with the golf admin. office about how such things are regulated as to civil language and smoking, etc. At public courses I found the marshals are on top of such things, but having no course marshals here (years ago I was shocked to find they only have "ambassadors" but didn't give it much thought really), I never expected to run into such situations of having no right to ride alone due to the 2 cart rule. Also surprised to fine he who checks in first has the choice to be the driver and not have to move his/her clubs to another cart. I have only had two instances of this in all these years so, while annoying to have plans and be given the choice of riding with a smoker or a person with a habit of fowl language, I consider it fortunate. When my husband could no longer play, I found most golfers to be warm, welcoming, polite and willing to ride in my cart or theirs. However, when it changed to being able to ride alone if you wished, I was so hopeful that it would not revert to the "old" two cart rule. I realize on exec courses anyone always has the choice of renting a walking cart to avoid unpleasant circumstances such as smoking, etc. so I am not furious, or angry, just sorry to see this return because most times it is a pleasant way to meet new friends. I do think the ability to check gender of players if you pay for the one line reservation system is a great feature, but never thought it was critical until I had the two "experiences".
You're best bet is to play with a golf partner or group you know so you don't have to endure being paired up with someone you find offensive. These policies were in effect before covid and now returned as the excuse for the current condition of the courses. The conditions won't improve without maintenance changes and now we'll be dealing with slower play. I for one will be dropping my trail fees when they expire because I will have two good knees and can't justify paying the 140 dollars to ride in others carts. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
I play the Championship courses twice, weekly. I am in a group of four and we always submit a request for all of us even if we know one will be unable to play.
Upon checking in, we state that one decided not to play because they had an appointment they forgot about or some other excuse. That way, we never worry about potentially riding with an unpleasant individual or dealing with a starter on a power trip.
So you purposely book a t time not planning to use it. That is very selfish and inconsiderate. First, it robs a fellow Villager of an opportunity to get an open t time. Second, it robs the golf course owner of the revenue that can never be recovered from that t time. Not only does that hurt the owner of the golf course, it hurts all golfers as that lost revenue opportunity can result in future greens fee price increases. Here is hoping an algorithm in the t time system catches up with that practice and locks out the associated ID #’s from booking t times.
Old 11-09-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
That’s called “ghosting” and is highly frowned on by the golf office. Continued “ghosting” can result in play restrictions to the offenders.
Old 11-09-2023, 12:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
That’s called “ghosting” and is highly frowned on by the golf office. Continued “ghosting” can result in play restrictions to the offenders.
Bingo

Tags
golf, working, group, carts, mandate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.