New Villager Looking to Play Golf

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2023, 01:34 PM
Default New Villager Looking to Play Golf

Hello, my husband and I are new residents. He is looking to play golf on executive courses. If anyone needs an extra golfer in their group, please let us know.
Thanks so much!
Old 07-15-2023, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
Hello, my husband and I are new residents. He is looking to play golf on executive courses. If anyone needs an extra golfer in their group, please let us know.
Thanks so much!
Our threesome has a 3 pm tee time tomorrow at red fox in hammock at Fenney. Welcome to join us. Look for Sam Alfano. Where are you living?
Old 07-15-2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlfanos View Post
Our threesome has a 3 pm tee time tomorrow at red fox in hammock at Fenney. Welcome to join us. Look for Sam Alfano. Where are you living?
Thank you! We are up by 466, still learning the area and have plans tomorrow already. Please keep Frank in mind in the future, if you would.
Old 07-15-2023, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Thank you! We are up by 466, still learning the area and have plans tomorrow already. Please keep Frank in mind in the future, if you would.
Talk to your neighbors…..
Go to the tee time system and look for open tee times…..
Old 07-15-2023, 03:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Thanks so much!

I play golf most every day I'm in The Villages.

I usually decide the night before, where and when I want to play. I then go online and sign up with a twosome or threesome. I never have a problem getting a "time" and I've met 300-400 golfers in the 2 winters I've been there ... & asked to join numerous regular "groups".
Old 07-15-2023, 09:44 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Thanks so much!
Welcome to the Villages. Playing golf in the Villages doesn't normally require an extra golfer. If you are on the Tee Time system and request a Tee time you will be paired with some group that has an opening. My wife and I normally play together on Sundays and are always matched up with great partners. Great way to meet new people.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Talk to your neighbors…..
Go to the tee time system and look for open tee times…..
Spot on. Every neighborhood we have lived in TV has golfing groups and parties. No problem finding a golfing group.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:45 AM

I know you said exec courses, but I run two championship groups. One plays on Wednesday and Friday. If you're ever interested in playing 18 holes in a fun group of guys, let me know. You can send me a private message by clicking my screen name in the upper left corner of my post.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Welcome… since you live up north, come snowbird season, you will want to look at the 4 courses way up north. They are the least crowded by far and judging by the past year’s, the best conditions. Amberwood, Oakleigh, Briarwood and Walnut Grove. BW is being renovated so I expect come January, excellent conditions there too. Easy green tees and very challenging black tees. AW and OL have a par 4 to allow you to pull out a driver.

My wife and I usually decide the nigh before and use the online tee time system (highly recommend using it, $8 a month if I recall). You will see what is open an we usually find the 1M,1F twosomes and join them.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Sounds like you haven’t tried to use the tee-time reservation system.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:43 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,322 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Thanks so much!
You can show up at almost any executive course as a walk-on this time of year and get put in with another group within half an hour or less. Or call the course on the morning of the day you want to play and they can get you in. I have never had a problem getting a tee time in the summer.
Old 07-17-2023, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I play golf most every day I'm in The Villages.

I usually decide the night before, where and when I want to play. I then go online and sign up with a twosome or threesome. I never have a problem getting a "time" and I've met 300-400 golfers in the 2 winters I've been there ... & asked to join numerous regular "groups".
Thank you for that information!
We are brand new and knew there had to be a way to do it.
~ Frank
Old 07-17-2023, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post
Welcome… since you live up north, come snowbird season, you will want to look at the 4 courses way up north. They are the least crowded by far and judging by the past year’s, the best conditions. Amberwood, Oakleigh, Briarwood and Walnut Grove. BW is being renovated so I expect come January, excellent conditions there too. Easy green tees and very challenging black tees. AW and OL have a par 4 to allow you to pull out a driver.

My wife and I usually decide the nigh before and use the online tee time system (highly recommend using it, $8 a month if I recall). You will see what is open an we usually find the 1M,1F twosomes and join them.
Thank you so much!!!
~ Frank
Old 07-17-2023, 01:46 PM

Thank you all for the replies!
See you on the course!!
~ Frank

Tags
play, golf, group, extra, golfer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.