No visitors, not even family, may golf and cashless policy.

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default No visitors, not even family, may golf and cashless policy.

It appears they golf courses in TV are moving to a cashless mode along with other changes. The no visitor policy is a bummer when your son or daughter is visiting and staying in your home. I suppose we will go outside of the bubble to play should we decide to play golf. It is much safer in The Villages IMHO. Does anyone know if they are still collecting for use of golf carts by using a credit card on courses south of State Route 44?
Old 04-06-2020, 10:49 AM

You never know but these visitors might be coming from "Hot-Spots" locations, good move by the Villages stopping visitors from playing....
Old 04-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Platinum member

Cashless makes sense. Paper money goes from hand to hand to hand with who knows what is on it.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:13 AM
Sage
Default Cashless society

I agree, we rarely use cash and haven’t for years. The cash rewards given by most credit card companies is a nice bonus.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:21 AM

Wise move by The Villages to protect their employees. Who, by the way are residents of The Villages too. Perhaps this new process can help stream line the check-in process in the future. By having guests and renters prepay trail fees and rounds of golf on the executive courses.The Villages could issue prepaid type credit cards. The guest, renter and homeowner/landlord will still need to show a Valid Villages ID and D/L with the use of a prepaid card. This would help curb, guests, renters etc., using all the tee times.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
You never know but these visitors might be coming from "Hot-Spots" locations, good move by the Villages stopping visitors from playing....
I understand your point. These are difficult times. However, there are times when family members are necessary but I agree not necessary to play golf.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I know their family, but in a time of travel restrictions how did your son and daughter get here ?
That's why they keep saying over and over stay in in place..Yet many heed the warning
Old 04-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
It appears they golf courses in TV ....... Does anyone know if they are still snap on gas pedal extension for use of golf carts by using a credit card on courses south of State Route 44?
Yes they are.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:44 AM

As an employee and player, I am grateful for the changes and focus to keep everyone as safe as possible yet offer the opportunity to be outside for several hours enjoying the game we all love. The steps taken by the Golf and Tennis organization is right on!!
Old 04-07-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have 2 friends young adults coming.

Before you all freak out, they are traveling via military to help give relief to staff. Not sure where they will be boots in Florida, but I promised Mom who is working ICU 16 hour plus shifts, I have plenty of time to keep in touch with them.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:21 AM

I have said for years that Villages should give the option to attach a credit card to your village ID. This would make the process so much simpler. By just scanning your village ID it would post your charges against the credit card on file. Local Restaurants and businesses could also then take the village ID for Payment.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
It appears they golf courses in TV are moving to a cashless mode along with other changes. The no visitor policy is a bummer when your son or daughter is visiting and staying in your home. I suppose we will go outside of the bubble to play should we decide to play golf. It is much safer in The Villages IMHO. Does anyone know if they are still collecting for use of golf carts by using a credit card on courses south of State Route 44?
It would be best if people in The Villages would stop having visitors, period. That's why this disease is spreading. Asymptomatic people are spreading this disease, and travelling just increase the possibility of exposure. I fully support TV policy on this.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:47 AM
Question

If to prevent the spread of the virus why has the Developer not shut the courses down at 4 pm and prevented Visitors from golfing on His Championship Courses?
Old 04-07-2020, 07:49 AM
Sage
Default Family scattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I know their family, but in a time of travel restrictions how did your son and daughter get here ?
That's why they keep saying over and over stay in in place..Yet many heed the warning
Son is a Florida resident and lives on the “space coast”. Granddaughter is a student at UCF. Still have family in Illinois, Nashville and Boston area none of which are traveling right now. Unlike my wife and I who grew up in small Midwestern towns with Grandpa, Grandma, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles close by, many of our friends and acquaintances in TV (like us) have family scattered all over the U.S. and the World. The Villages is a great place to visit (especially in the winter season) but not right now unless it’s personally necessary. We all have seen many changes during our lifetime but none of us have seen anything like a pandemic. We are, and should be, very diligent and concerned, but now is not the time to be paranoid or panic either. Anxiety and stress will only lessen your immune system not help it. Best to social distance and get some exercise anyway you can IMHO. Fore.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:02 AM

Son or daughter shouldn't be visiting!!!!! Don't you get it???????????
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, play, cashless, courses, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.