Non golfer ride along

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Default Non golfer ride along

My wife doesn't golf because of a bad knee. Can she ride along in my cart?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 AM

If you paid a cart fee she can ride with you as you paid for a pass for the house. Your children can't . Just the residents of the house. My wife rides all the time to look at the different house decorations.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Outstanding, looking forward to getting back down on campus at the end of the month. Thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If you have not paid for her cart fee yearly, they will charge you a fee at the starter shack. Helene, our daughter is paid for by the year. She only rides along and never plays.

Spectator fees are charged at golf courses everywhere.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 PM

She will not be charged a trail fee at Championship courses, unless you rent a cart at the course. Seats in a rental carts are charge per person
Old 10-01-2013, 05:54 PM

So now I am more confused. Isn't the cart fee on the cart not the individual. I will pay the cart fee, but are you telling me I need to pay a separate fee for my wife in my cart?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM

Yes she can ride along.

There is something like a 3.00 fee and we have had some places not charge us. I don't golf but ride with my husband and drive for him. They wrap a colored band around by the window so the ambassador knows you are riding and not playing. Love to see the houses off the golf courses in the evenings...
Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Sage

The term cart fee may be confusing the issue. It is not clear if you have your own cart or you mean you will rent one at the course?

If you bring your own cart to the golf course, then the last I knew, the answers are:
  • On a championship course she can ride for free and watch
  • On an executive course it will depend if you paid a trail fee. If you have then she can ride for free, but if you have not, then they will have a hand in her pocket.
  • On an executive course if you have not paid a trail fee and you are not a priority member they will have a hand in each of your pockets.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:04 PM

Thanks ajbrown that clarifies it. I will buy the trail fee and we should be all set.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Gold member

When you buy the trail fee(for Executive course-if you own your own cart)you have the option of paying for just you, or you and anyone else who lives with you. There is a price difference. If you only get the trail fee for a single then it'll be $4 each time you wife accompanies you on the Executive course. They give you a narrow piece of paper you wrap around the windshield post so the Ambassadors know you have a "spectator" with you. Please do not(if you are so inclined)to let her hit any shots on the course.

GMS employee...have a great time..
Old 10-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
When you buy the trail fee(for Executive course-if you own your own cart)you have the option of paying for just you, or you and anyone else who lives with you. There is a price difference. <stuff cut by Alan>

Hello, I have never heard or read I could buy a trail fee for just myself. I can buy for 6 months or a year, but it is for 1-4 people in a household.

You have a pointer to where I can read about this?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
When you buy the trail fee(for Executive course-if you own your own cart)you have the option of paying for just you, or you and anyone else who lives with you. There is a price difference. If you only get the trail fee for a single then it'll be $4 each time you wife accompanies you on the Executive course. They give you a narrow piece of paper you wrap around the windshield post so the Ambassadors know you have a "spectator" with you. Please do not(if you are so inclined)to let her hit any shots on the course.

That is correct.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Eternal Member

There are four options for trail fees:

1: Household Annual - $141.24 - 1- 4 residents in the same household playing Executive Golf

2: Six months - $105.93 - 1-4 residents in the same household playing Executive Golf

3: Annual Priority -spouse - $105.93 - If 1 resident has a priority county club membership.

4: Six month priority -spouse - $105.93 - If 1 resident has a priority county club membership.

My source: http://www.golfthevillages.com/execu...railfeeapp.pdf

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
There are four options for trail fees:

1: Household Annual - $141.24 - 1- 4 residents in the same household playing Executive Golf

2: Six months - $105.93 - 1-4 residents in the same household playing Executive Golf

3: Annual Priority -spouse - $105.93 - If 1 resident has a priority county club membership.

4: Six month priority -spouse - $105.93 - If 1 resident has a priority county club membership.

My source: http://www.golfthevillages.com/execu...railfeeapp.pdf

Z
YOU ARE RIGHT (as usual) AND I WAS WRONG. Sweetie pays those bills. I am sorry.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.