Not enough golf courses

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Isn't it amazing how the same thing can be said in so many different ways?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
yes. yes it is.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Free golf on the championship courses would simply be impractical...no...totally impossible financially.

And while executive courses are lots smaller and somewhat designed to accommodate beginner/lesser skilled golfers, they are definitely real golf courses, just not full-scale championship courses. The greens, traps, hazards, etc. are basically the same. Fewer drives and longer shot are required of course. But every shot you hit on an exec course is a shot that you will be required to hit many times on a champ course. Even for skilled golfers, it's a great way to practice the short game...because it is real golf.
I didn't mean to imply that the executive courses are not real golf or are easy. In fact, par threes are often the most difficult holes on a course. But normally if you play 18 holes you would expect to have to drive the ball twelve to fourteen times. This important aspect of the game is all but missing on many executive courses.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,952 Times in 2,463 Posts

There're few shortages aground here, but golf courses aren't one of them. Nobody in the world has over 600 hole of golf in one community. Getting prime time anything around here except horseshoes, sand volleyball, or bocce problem IMO. I think the problem maybe golfers greed playing mult-time day clogging up the reservation system?
Old 04-27-2016, 04:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
In some circles its called sharing
Old 04-27-2016, 06:43 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I have trouble just trying to pick where to play! Golf in TV is like a menu at an Italian restaurant.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You got to remember one little Executive course is only for one little community that they're going to build. You know they'll be more courses. I can't believe you can't get on one of the 35 to 40 courses. I always get a tee time somewhere just by making a calling. It sounds like you're asking for a time within an hr. or 2 & you're only selecting a course or 2. You didn't give enough information here. I'm thinking you're calling at the last min. & thinking just because you're a permanent resident you're going to have priority over everybody else. No, you can get a tee time somewhere, but it may not be the exact course you want or the exact time but you can play everyday if you're flexible.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Yes, that is true. And the couple who plays less frequently will have less issues with getting tee times. If a group has an average of 4 points (from playing 4 times per week) they are going to have issues getting a tee time during snowbird season unless they want the earliest or latest tee times. The one time my group of 16 was denied (because of high points) I was able to manually get a tee time for 16 but it was early. You can almost always get a tee time but the more you play the greater the chances that it won't be exactly when you want and/or where you want.
The problem in the winter, is that more people are trying to play a little later because of the cold,and so the windows they put in include the later times as they are more popular. Yet even though the large group puts in a window that includes the early tee times, because of the cold often times those teetimes are canceled because of frost delays or whatever. So it isn't the fact that the group is being too selective that causes them to be shut out, because that is not the case. The groups are putting in as big a window as they can, it is the number of people who are requesting later tee times and the lack of availability of those tee times. Clearly if you are a two-person group or a single you can generally find something about anywhere, although as you say it may not be at the time or the course you would've preferred, but there is much more flexibility. Not so for groups..
Old 04-27-2016, 08:34 AM
Sage

I am sure it is not really necessary to keep posting the same thing. I think we all understand that points, width of the time window, number of courses, size of the group, and time of the year all matter when making tee time requests. Damn, I just posted the same thing ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
The problem in the winter, is that more people are trying to play a little later because of the cold,and so the windows they put in include the later times as they are more popular. Yet even though the large group puts in a window that includes the early tee times, because of the cold often times those teetimes are canceled because of frost delays or whatever. So it isn't the fact that the group is being too selective that causes them to be shut out, because that is not the case. The groups are putting in as big a window as they can, it is the number of people who are requesting later tee times and the lack of availability of those tee times. Clearly if you are a two-person group or a single you can generally find something about anywhere, although as you say it may not be at the time or the course you would've preferred, but there is much more flexibility. Not so for groups..
Old 04-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I am sure it is not really necessary to keep posting the same thing. I think we all understand that points, width of the time window, number of courses, size of the group, and time of the year all matter when making tee time requests. Damn, I just posted the same thing ;-)
I'm not sure some people were "getting it". A number of people kept talking about twosomes, or implying the window wasn't large enough, people weren't playing early enough, or not enough courses were chosen. Clearly as you say, there is more to it than that. There are times when you do all the right things, and you won't get a teetime. Period!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Having the ability to accept all tee time requests, at the preferred course and at the requested time, even in peak season, is simply not financially viable.

With over 600 holes of golf in this one-of-a-kind golf nirvana, it's hard to feel too sorry for anyone not getting exactly what they want, when they want it.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:

Last edited by Barefoot; 04-28-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:21 AM

I have been a resident for (5) years 4 of them as a priority golfer. No problems getting a tee time. Like already mentioned. You must be willing to open your request perameters to ensure a tee time. Important if your not a priority golfer or have non-priority golfers in your group.

Tags
south, courses, brownwood, park, upnorth, villas, acres, greed, expense, sayin, cut, people, fruitland, exec, squeezing, hard, increasingly, times, found, golf, lived, priority, add, championship, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.