Not really a golfer but it looks like I play a lot.

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2023, 12:27 PM
Default Not really a golfer but it looks like I play a lot.

Just checked my play history and looks like I play golf and cancel everytime once or twice a week. Who should I call to find out why this is occurring or I my card has been compromised. Why would anyone sign me up and cancel? By the way I am a very infrequent player just try to keep up on my records.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
Just checked my play history and looks like I play golf and cancel everytime once or twice a week. Who should I call to find out why this is occurring or I my card has been compromised. Why would anyone sign me up and cancel? By the way I am a very infrequent player just try to keep up on my records.
Sounds like someone may be using your number to hold a spot. Check with your spouse to see if he/she is doing that. If not call the tee-time office and ask.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:02 PM

Not her. What is the reasoning behind holding a spot. Some old high school buddy may show up out of the blue and want to play random golf? Just not sure why someone would hold a spot?
Old 01-04-2023, 01:08 PM

The group I play in uses that to hold a spot or if they don't want to take a chance on having someone paired up with us. Have you ever had a friend set up a tee time and gave them your ID number? This is likely where it came from....
Old 01-04-2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
The group I play in uses that to hold a spot or if they don't want to take a chance on having someone paired up with us. Have you ever had a friend set up a tee time and gave them your ID number? This is likely where it came from....
Are you saying your group thinks it's fine to waste a tee time? Wow!
Old 01-04-2023, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Really???? Besides being against the rules and being subject to getting suspended from golf for a while if you are caught, it's just plain rude. What's the reason?? Your group is anti-social?? Ugly??? Suck badly at golf??? Smell bad??? Snobs????

Also realize, that if the powers that be wished to pursue this, they could get your real name from TOTV and then golf club administration could see who your buddies are and apply the appropriate punishment. I play in several groups, and we have never done what you have just admitted to. Sometimes we only have 3 and have met wonderful people when a fourth joins us. Plus, I'm sure there are newbie singles out there looking for tee times and you are shutting them out.

Final thought: Maybe I'll just text my friend who works in golf club administration and is also on TOTV and see what he thinks of your group.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Really???? Besides being against the rules and being subject to getting suspended from golf for a while if you are caught, it's just plain rude. What's the reason?? Your group is anti-social?? Ugly??? Suck badly at golf??? Smell bad??? Snobs????

Also realize, that if the powers that be wished to pursue this, they could get your real name from TOTV and then golf club administration could see who your buddies are and apply the appropriate punishment. I play in several groups, and we have never done what you have just admitted to. Sometimes we only have 3 and have met wonderful people when a fourth joins us. Plus, I'm sure there are newbie singles out there looking for tee times and you are shutting them out.

Final thought: Maybe I'll just text my friend who works in golf club administration and is also on TOTV and see what he thinks of your group.
You left out SPECIAL and/or ENTITLED
Old 01-04-2023, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
You left out SPECIAL and/or ENTITLED
You are so right. I should have listed that first. But there is good news: If I ever put in for a tee time as a single, I won't get stuck playing with these jerks.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
I have heard of people putting in a reservation and using a Village ID. Then they can substitute a guest for The Villager. It is harder to a get a tee time with guests.
Old 01-04-2023, 02:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
You should look into it with the tee time office once you verify none of your buddies are using it. Hurts your reservation and cancellation point numbers and locks out other singles who may want to play. Sounds like someone is using your number as a "ghost golfer".
Old 01-04-2023, 02:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Who did you give your ID number to ? Somebody is using it ...
Old 01-04-2023, 02:47 PM

For the record, I don't make those decisions. It was a group I was asked to join because the enjoyed my company. I don't make the tee times and the group is usually full. Often times, they hold a spot because someone is not sure if they can or will play....
Old 01-04-2023, 02:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
For the record, I don't make those decisions. It was a group I was asked to join because the enjoyed my company. I don't make the tee times and the group is usually full. Often times, they hold a spot because someone is not sure if they can or will play....
OK, fine-----but that's a whole lot different than the previous "they don't want to take a chance on having someone paired up with us"
Old 01-04-2023, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts

This happened to me when I dropped out of a group but they didn't remove me from their list.

A quick call to the tee time office took care of it.

Would be nice if the system automatically notified people of booked times even if they are not paying for the service.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Curious that this came up today. I played with someone on a Championship Course, yesterday. He is not a TV Resident, but has a Guest Pass. He booked his own Tee Time yesterday, but told me he often plays with a "Group" and ends up paying the "Enhanced Member Rate".

I assume this means someone is booking his Tee Time, using someone else's ID #? Wouldn't the Pro Shop see this when he signs in and stop it?

Last edited by BrianL99; 01-04-2023 at 06:49 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
play, cancel, player, compromised, sign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.