Not really a golfer but it looks like I play a lot.

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2023, 12:12 PM
Default Why pay $8 per month

I do not want to pay $8 per month for Villages.net to find out if someone is using my number. You could call tee time scheduler a few times a week to see if somebody entered your number. I have used phone system as a single female golfer to sign up ….computer randomly slots you in …ended up playing with three men who clearly did not want me in their group.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Agree with one exception. Changes to a group for Championship golf should be limited to substituting for players in the same class as defined by the t time allocation algorithm. That way 4 enhanced members ID’s can’t be used to get priority for the most desired t times and once the time is blocked off resident members and or guests can be substituted in. Better yet, they should do away with the enhanced membership t time priority feature entirely and put all villages residents on equal footing based on their play history, rather than have a pay for t time priority system.
Didn’t think about that exception, but i agree. That’s fair too.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
Just checked my play history and looks like I play golf and cancel everytime once or twice a week. Who should I call to find out why this is occurring or I my card has been compromised. Why would anyone sign me up and cancel? By the way I am a very infrequent player just try to keep up on my records.
Read all the other comments/assumptions. Is there any chance you, or the starter moves you from one tee-time to another the same day? Are you assigned two cancellation points that day, or just one for the round you actually played?
Old 01-05-2023, 09:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsure View Post
I do not want to pay $8 per month for Villages.net to find out if someone is using my number. You could call tee time scheduler a few times a week to see if somebody entered your number. I have used phone system as a single female golfer to sign up ….computer randomly slots you in …ended up playing with three men who clearly did not want me in their group.
Despite the fact the villages is the friendliest hometown you will encounter people like that. I'm guessing they offered unwanted advice along the way. I'm a male golfer who occasionally fills in somewhere as a single. Only a couple of times I got paired with 3 wannabe Arnies hitting from black tees and never come close to the green. Most of all were really decent people.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
This could all be solved if TV moved this to a modern computerized system where each golfer is emailed a confirmation after each booking or change is made. Unfortunately, there's too many apologists on here for the paid $8 system and the 1970's phone booking system.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
This could all be solved if TV moved this to a modern computerized system where each golfer is emailed a confirmation after each booking or change is made. Unfortunately, there's too many apologists on here for the paid $8 system and the 1970's phone booking system.
Nothing wrong with the system---it's the same one used by Southwest Airlines
Old 01-06-2023, 08:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
The system works great for me and most every other Golfer in TV. Perhaps you're experiencing User Error or don't understand the system?
Old 01-06-2023, 08:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,796 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:

Right. Everyone, gets your wallets out and get ready to pay the ongoing bump for the new fancy computer program and it’s maintenance. We all know TV won’t be eating the cost for it so add it to the amenity fees.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
This happened to me when I dropped out of a group but they didn't remove me from their list.

A quick call to the tee time office took care of it.

Would be nice if the system automatically notified people of booked times even if they are not paying for the service.
There is an option on your account to get an email when a tee time is booked using the reservation process for your ID. From the golf menu, go to: Review/Change Personalized Settings

Note this only works for tee times made using a request. When a reservation is created (3 days or less), you get no email - not sure why, but likely due to the 1980's software they use.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Default Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
I have a neighbor that uses his wife's iD number because she plays infrequently while he accumulates 4-6 points a week. It lowers the average points with a higher probability of getting a reservation.
If I knew who he is I would report him. That is considered fraud by TV and against the rules he would be suspended if caught. I hope TV golf is monitoring this sight

Last edited by Larchap49; 01-06-2023 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 01-06-2023, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Right. Everyone, gets your wallets out and get ready to pay the ongoing bump for the new fancy computer program and it’s maintenance. We all know TV won’t be eating the cost for it so add it to the amenity fees.
Well, there is a cost to cheating people out of potential tee times.

It will have to be replaced once they can't buy 5 1/2" floppies fot the IBM XT it runs on
Old 01-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
There's a long term cost to running an antiquated system. I can guarantee you that the current system requires maintenance and with technology in general, the older the system, the more expensive it is to maintain. With current technology, you can run a complete system without owning any physical servers as most modern companies do now. The reduced office space need and staffing savings on that part alone can make a big difference.

Ask Southwest Airlines. Also read up on how the IRS is burning a billion dollars every decade to "save money" from upgrading from their 1960's system written in COBOL.

Stepping over dollars to chase pennies.
Closed Thread

Tags
play, cancel, player, compromised, sign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.