Ocala National

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Ocala National

We went yesterday and played this course for $15. Greens were nice and they actually grow grass on the fairways. Well worth the drive, especially with all the great places to stop off at in Ocala for dinner. Long course so bring your A game.

Dr. Seuss
Old 08-18-2014, 03:19 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

I agree! It's a nice course. The first time we played up there we used the tees that play about 6400 yards, and it was just a bit too long for us. We actually moved up to the shorter tees after nine holes. The next time we played there we played at about 5700 yards, and it was fine. Here in TV we usually play the white, and I think they at about the same (5600 - 5800). It must have been a brain cramp the first time for us to think that the extra yardage wouldn't matter much. We play very quickly as a group so we didn't hold anyone back the first nine. I really enjoyed putting on those quick greens. It did take a hole or two until I adjusted to them.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We've played it in the past too - its a beautiful course. And its cheaper to play than our courses. Lots of great restaurants up in Ocala as well for those that like to get off the compound.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
We went yesterday and played this course for $15. Greens were nice and they actually grow grass on the fairways. Well worth the drive, especially with all the great places to stop off at in Ocala for dinner. Long course so bring your A game.
Perhaps the Villages should send a contingency of greens keepers to see what they are doing wrong

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.