PGA Tour Event in The Villages?

View Poll Results: Would you support hosting a PGA event hosted in The Villagesevery year?
YES 62 50.41%
NO 61 49.59%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2023, 10:43 AM

Who would support the course for the other 51 weeks of the year?
Old 02-13-2023, 03:05 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If I must,
The Developer is in the business of building houses, with golf courses as an amenity……kinda like building rec centers.
For them to jump into building a professional golf course is a joke.
Exactly, and, as an aside, exactly what would the benefit to the ordinary, retired, individual living here be ? Living in Florida, we have reasonable access to PGA and LPGA tournaments, some with in a hour's drive. But simply for the "excitement" and for the few who would move out of their own homes to gain a profit for the few nights of the tournament ? Sure does not seem worth it to disrupt a peaceful (?) retirement community. One the other hand, I suppose if we owned a small business, a restaurant, etc., perhaps the $$$ would be a significant enough lure... doubt this would ever happen, but if it did, would the number of tournaments grow to 3, 4, a year ? Enough that residents regret ever moving here. Oh well, as one person signs their comments: Most of the things I worry about never happen anyway..... Amen !
Closed Thread

Tags
pga, villages, event, maintained, hosted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.