Please forgive my boasting on Christmas Day

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Sage
Default Golfers dream!

I'm truly at a loss for words for what your day was like. Life is about making memories, and that you did. First a wonderful day with your father and then to play a game like you described! I started to read this and then had to read it out loud for my husband. As I finished it... I became so emotional for you and your happiness I started to tear up. Congratulations Mr. Brown. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy! I hope this is a memory of your first of many more to come.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 AM

Congratulations!!! My dad was lucky enough to have one hole in one during his golfing years and he could tell the story over and over. We appreciate it now more than ever.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Sage
Smile Thanks!

I just wanted to take a post to say thanks all for the comments, I am so glad I decided to post and very happy what made the day special came through in my post. After the hole in one, I asked my Dad if there was any storms in the area as I clearly remember the fate of the Bishop in Caddyshack. To be clear, I do not play golf like I did yesterday, I have never had a round like that, it was surreal…..

Anyone who plays and understands the game of golf knows that things even out. After the way I played on Christmas day when things do ‘even out’, it is going to be ugly, so AngieFox, if you want to see tears, watch me play next time .

PS. Mr. Brown is an alias used in the event I post anything so ridiculous I need a new real name . Please call me Alan.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I just wanted to take a post to say thanks all for the comments, I am so glad I decided to post and very happy what made the day special came through in my post. After the hole in one, I asked my Dad if there was any storms in the area as I clearly remember the fate of the Bishop in Caddyshack. To be clear, I do not play golf like I did yesterday, I have never had a round like that, it was surreal…..

Anyone who plays and understands the game of golf knows that things even out. After the way I played on Christmas day when things do ‘even out’, it is going to be ugly, so AngieFox, if you want to see tears, watch me play next time .

PS. Mr. Brown is an alias used in the event I post anything so ridiculous I need a new real name . Please call me Alan.
Okay, so you feel better now? Are you satisfied that you made all of us who might make 2 or 3 birdies in the round of our life feel inadequate and ineffectual? Seriously, congratulations Alan, sounds like a memorable Christmas indeed.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I have been brought up to be modest, do not talk about oneself, etc. I need to put that aside for just a few minutes as I was touched on Christmas day by the golf gods. If I was younger I would climb up on the roof and tell the “world”.
Who among us would not want to share this great round of golf with the rest of the world? You are forgiven. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Boast all you want. If I get a hole in one you will all hear about it'. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Gold member

SURE - GO AHEAD - BRAG See if I care !!!!

LOL

Congratulations. I chase the little white ball around so I kind of know of what you speak. Great round, Great day and with your Dad no less.

Doesn't get any better.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

FYI....I am going to be selling very special golf socks soon! I can absolutely guarantee you'll have a Hole-In-One or your money back!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
FYI....I am going to be selling very special golf socks soon! I can absolutely guarantee you'll have a Hole-In-One or your money back!
I'd like to order twenty 1/2 pairs !

Old 12-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

I know this day with your dad was a very special day for you and you will cherish this day forever.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.