Positive experience at Palmer today

Old 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts
Default Positive experience at Palmer today

With all the negativity about golf course conditions, I not only had a unusually good experience at Palmer today, there were 2 instances of that.

I said in another post, that I think Palmer has the BEST golf staff on campus and yes, I have made it point to tell the Head Pro, Mark Verkey. Here's what happened today.

My usual is to drive in, stop at the machine to get a bucket of balls, then go inside to pay. I fill my "driving range card" with 50 buckets at a time (I need a lot of practice). There's a guy in front of me, trying to figure out a way to stuff dollar bills into the machine. I told the guy, "you need tokens". He says, "oh geez, where do I get those"?

"Never mind", I said. I put my card in, got the guy a bucket of balls and handed them to him ... "happy upcoming St. Patrick's day, have fun". The guy thanks me and heads to the range. I put my card in to get my balls ... wouldn't you know it? The bucket I gave the guy, was my 50th bucket and my card was dead. So now I have to go to Pro Shop to replenish my card and pay my Greens Fee.

I'm talking to the person behind the counter and I'm laughing and relating what just happened. The person checks me in, re-charges my card and I walk out the door. The person walks out behind me, calls my name and hands me a token to make up for the one I gave the guy. The $5 for the balls means nothing. That someone on staff would do that, means everything. (I'm not mentioning names, because I don't want anyone to get into trouble.)

2nd experience. After hitting balls, I go to check in with the Starter, 20 minutes before my Tee Time. Tony & Don are working the Starter's shack for Cherry/Laurel.

Don says, "Tony's been looking for you. The other 2 guys in your group cancelled, you're now alone at that time, but ..... "

"There's a 3some going off Riley at the same time. They've already checked in. Go over to Riley and you'll be all set."

The greens on Cherry are needy, Riley's are getting better and Laurel's are good -very good. The Legend lives on.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:34 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Nice to have a good day at the course!

Tags
guy, card, balls, time, bucket

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.