Price of Golf in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2017, 09:59 PM

OP is wrong, IMHO. We lived in South FL for years, and one of the things we love about it here is how much less golf costs, even in high season.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:25 AM

To keep things interesting , we started golfing 2 times a day on the executives. Playing Pelican in the morning and then Trueman in the afternoon keeps us on the challenging courses for a total of 4 hrs...all for no extra charge. We had guests during thanksgiving and they loved playing 2 different courses in 1 day. (of course theres wasnt free) This works great for us.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:21 AM

What you people are failing to recognize is they don't want all the tee times filled in the winter. Golf courses need time to heal and recover from the constant play they get in FL. Way too many rounds are played on our courses with year around play and that is exactly why the same people complaining about prices are the same ones complaining about the poor shape our courses are in most of the time. And they are in poor shape most of the year! Pls, all you complainers, go play the cheaper off site courses. We won't miss you and will get decent golf courses back for those of us that support them year around.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 AM

The real question is the priority membership fees which benefit two people living in the same household. If you get a break with two people, why cannot it not be ANY two people----lots of spouses do not play golf, and I think it is discrimination against the single golfer.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:50 AM

I'm confused. I thought one of the perks of living/owning here was free golf for residents. Isn't that one of the selling points? What are golfers being charged for? Is it just certain courses or are they charged for all of them? (I don't play golf.)
Old 01-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

As we age, we find that we still enjoy golf but our body tells us to play a bit less. The executive courses and 9 holes on the Championship courses look better all the time. Golf is cheap in TV compared to south Florida or the FL Coasts.

In Illinois we paid much more at a private club and didn’t have the variety of courses to play. FORE!
Old 01-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane reynolds View Post
The real question is the priority membership fees which benefit two people living in the same household. If you get a break with two people, why cannot it not be ANY two people----lots of spouses do not play golf, and I think it is discrimination against the single golfer.
Amen
Old 01-01-2018, 09:16 AM

I agree totally. To bad they didn’t have a yearly rate like a CC fee to play any course and not pay for golf at time of play. Sort of like the trail fee for executive courses you can pay up front. Or prior membership. Then to play it’s a flat rate of $5.00 or $10.00 (possibly)
Old 01-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Veteran member
Default Prioity golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane reynolds View Post
Please explain how priority golf fees benefit two people in the same household. Don't you have to buy a double membership in order for two people to get the benefit? And, so long as they reside at the same address, does it matter whether the two are spouses? Why couldn't it be an be an adult child, or anyone else with the same address?
Old 01-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Tucker View Post
I agree totally. To bad they didn’t have a yearly rate like a CC fee to play any course and not pay for golf at time of play. Sort of like the trail fee for executive courses you can pay up front. Or prior membership. Then to play it’s a flat rate of $5.00 or $10.00 (possibly)
"not pay for golf at time of play"
:then to play flat rate"

As it is the day after New Years Eve.....maybe that's why I cannot understand what you are saying.
Do you understand what the Priority Membership really is?
Old 01-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valcapps View Post
I'm confused. I thought one of the perks of living/owning here was free golf for residents. Isn't that one of the selling points? What are golfers being charged for? Is it just certain courses or are they charged for all of them? (I don't play golf.)
The Villages has two kinds of golf courses. Executives, which are nine holes with one par 4 except about a half a dozen have two par 4's, such as Yankee Clipper and Pelican. There are about 35 of the executive nine hole layouts in TV. The Championship courses are what the rest of the world considers golf courses.

Championship courses usually consist of 18 holes of play with a par of 72, The Villages has about a dozen, Lopez, Glenview, Palmer, Cane Garden, Mallory, Havana, Evans Prairie, Belle Glade, Bonifay, Haciena Hills, Orange Blossom and Tierra Del Sol. All are 27 hole layouts except for two of the older courses. The system is set up to have starter shacks and identical teetimes at all 3 nines, so more golfers can play. However where most courses teetimes are available anytime of day, because golfers must crossover to the back nine of their round, we have what's called waves. For examples no teetimes between about 9:30 and noon at any that have 27 holes. When you join the online teetime system for $8 a month you can see the actual teetimes listed.

The executives are free if you walk with your bag or pullcart or $4 a round if you drive your cart, that's called trail fees, or payable in a lump sum of about $150 for the year. Due to the large volume of seasonal residents and the low price, executives courses almost always require a teetimes reservation usually 5 to 7 days in advance in the winter.

The championship courses cost varies for the seasons, also Arnold Palmer is about $5 higher than the other courses. An example would be Cane Garden, a 27 hole layout. From May 1st through September 30th is about $32 a round but if your'e playing after 11:00am it's only about $24 or $12 for nine holes That's a summer discount available only during that season when the afternoon temperature is about 95 degrees. From Oct 1st to December 31st the championship are about $50 and no discount are available except for Priority Golf Membership, which costs about $800 a year. Then your round will be discounted about $10 off. From Jan 1st to April 30th the championship are priced in the high $50's.

I used general description of the prices and dates, but this should give you a brief idea of how things work. Here's links to the facts.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/image...Golf-Rates.pdf

Golf The Villages

Villages Teetimes system is $8 a month payable with automated credit card payment. You'll be issued a pin number to go online, the link is the home page. The office is at LSL a couple of doors north of City Fire. Go there and give credit cards details and sign up. You also use the same system for executives courses, you can make requested teetimes and you can enter your name on open teetimes within 3 days of play. Playing in a group you'll need the ID number of the others.

TheVillages.net - Login - Email, tee-times, computer support - serving The Villages, Florida and the Tri-county area.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Villages has two kinds of golf courses. Executives, which are nine holes with one par 4 except about a half a dozen have two par 4's, such as Yankee Clipper and Pelican. There are about 35 of the executive nine hole layouts in TV. The Championship courses are what the rest of the world considers golf courses.

Championship courses usually consist of 18 holes of play with a par of 72, The Villages has about a dozen, Lopez, Glenview, Palmer, Cane Garden, Mallory, Havana, Evans Prairie, Belle Glade, Bonifay, Haciena Hills, Orange Blossom and Tierra Del Sol. All are 27 hole layouts except for two of the older courses. The system is set up to have starter shacks and identical teetimes at all 3 nines, so more golfers can play. However where most courses teetimes are available anytime of day, because golfers must crossover to the back nine of their round, we have what's called waves. For examples no teetimes between about 9:30 and noon at any that have 27 holes. When you join the online teetime system for $8 a month you can see the actual teetimes listed.

The executives are free if you walk with your bag or pullcart or $4 a round if you drive your cart, that's called trail fees, or payable in a lump sum of about $150 for the year. Due to the large volume of seasonal residents and the low price, executives courses almost always require a teetimes reservation usually 5 to 7 days in advance in the winter.

The championship courses cost varies for the seasons, also Arnold Palmer is about $5 higher than the other courses. An example would be Cane Garden, a 27 hole layout. From May 1st through September 30th is about $32 a round but if your'e playing after 11:00am it's only about $24 or $12 for nine holes That's a summer discount available only during that season when the afternoon temperature is about 95 degrees. From Oct 1st to December 31st the championship are about $50 and no discount are available except for Priority Golf Membership, which costs about $800 a year. Then your round will be discounted about $10 off. From Jan 1st to April 30th the championship are priced in the high $50's.

I used general description of the prices and dates, but this should give you a brief idea of how things work. Here's links to the facts.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/image...Golf-Rates.pdf

Golf The Villages

Villages Teetimes system is $8 a month payable with automated credit card payment. You'll be issued a pin number to go online, the link is the home page. The office is at LSL a couple of doors north of City Fire. Go there and give credit cards details and sign up. You also use the same system for executives courses, you can make requested teetimes and you can enter your name on open teetimes within 3 days of play. Playing in a group you'll need the ID number of the others.

TheVillages.net - Login - Email, tee-times, computer support - serving The Villages, Florida and the Tri-county area.
Excellent Post, good information for people
Old 01-01-2018, 01:08 PM

As a country club member in St. Louis dues are year round but not golf...we are planning to move to TV before this fall...golf prices in TV seem fair based on our two visits there...we played Palmer Lopez, Eden Prairie and HH country clubs and liked them all..I'm planning on playing two CC per week year round and Execs 2-4 days...golf will be less than I pay now...what CC do you play regularly? While I plan to play them all..want a regular game or two per week..thoughts and suggestions appreciated
Old 01-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Default Price of Golf is Obscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
The price of golf on The Villages championship courses during the "snowbird" season is absolutely obscene! While I understand that rates go up at most golf courses during the winter, why must it be so expensive for the residents of this community? We pay taxes, shop and eat at the local stores and restaurants, yet we receive no break on the greens fees until the summer when it's too darn hot to play. There are plenty of courses outside this venue that are reasonable, so I guess that's where I'll continue to find a game, because as a resident here I just can't see paying snowbird rates.
I totally agree, Residents should BE GETTING DISCOUNTED FEES on all the Championship courses during the months that the Snowbirds are here. Residents should go elsewhere and let the villages feel the loss all year. Same goes for priority fees. If you pay them, your cost to play should be greatly reduced not just $5 or $10 dollars! Problem is all residents need to speak up.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Excellent Post, good information for people
Very helpful! Thanks!,
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, rates, villages, snowbird

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.