Private Clubs in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Private clubs and country clubs screen, admit, and exclude people, to keep membership "exclusive". That is not what The Villages is about.
While there are some that do this, it is not true for most private clubs. There are many blue collar type private clubs where the only thing that makes them private is that you pay annual dues for unlimited golf. Please stop propogating these kinds of stereotypes.

I worked at a club for 20 years where the membership included school teachers, mail men, carpenters and people from all walks of life. There were also a few lawyers and people that had a bit of money. Everyone got along and membership was open to anyone with the $500 initiation fee and the $2000 a year dues.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

OP, Orthopedic issues generally get worse, instead of better, as we age. At least that has been my experience. It would seem that Golf in TV would really suit you----playing a couple of championship courses and a couple of executive courses is about all the Golf those of us with orthopedic issues can handle. Honestly, that is "pushing" it. A golf membership in a "good" private club would cost you much more and be a lot less convenient.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.