Golf Manners

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Default Golf Manners

We recently played an executive course and one person in our foursome was a last minute cancel. They had a single join us as is expected.

The problem was this guy immediately lit a very stinky cigar. The scent sent my wife into an immediate nausea attack. She quit playing after a couple of holes and tried to keep her golf car away from the odor.

I think if you are a single being placed with a threesome it would be common courtesy to ask if any one would be offended or allergic to cigar smoke.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
We recently played an executive course and one person in our foursome was a last minute cancel. They had a single join us as is expected.

The problem was this guy immediately lit a very stinky cigar. The scent sent my wife into an immediate nausea attack. She quit playing after a couple of holes and tried to keep her golf car away from the odor.

I think if you are a single being placed with a threesome it would be common courtesy to ask if any one would be offended or allergic to cigar smoke.
Be prepared to be told here how "sophisticated" and "fragrant" they are, and that you're the one who's lacking in manners for saying they stink. But many of us agree with you wholeheartedly.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post

Too bad she didn't on his shoes!!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Gold member

I hope I would have the courage to say the smell was bothering me and that I'm allergic......but I probably would have just turned around and left the course. Another example of a bully getting his/her way. So very rude.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

How about this for the survey.....NO SMOKING, of ANY kind on the golf course!!

I usually try to engage my graciousness, but never when it comes to cigars. These borish cigar smokers are not unaware of how the rest of us hate them....they just don't respect us as much as we try to respect them. No more...the law is on our side.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Veteran member

This is an easy fix!!! Call The Village Ladies that are heavily armed with squirt guns and Super Soakers to take care of this problem.

Seriously, the rudeness and bad behavior this year is in epic proportions!!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 AM

i'm just guessing,but was he a renter? they sometimes forget to leave their bad manners and attitudes at home.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bun View Post
i'm just guessing,but was he a renter? they sometimes forget to leave their bad manners and attitudes at home.
Blasted renters. No FROG would ever do anything like that.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
This is an easy fix!!! Call The Village Ladies that are heavily armed with squirt guns and Super Soakers to take care of this problem.

Seriously, the rudeness and bad behavior this year is in epic proportions!!

BUT......did this stinky smoker keep the pace of play?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Default stinky cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns2654 View Post
we recently played an executive course and one person in our foursome was a last minute cancel. They had a single join us as is expected.

oh, get over it already, you're outside!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 AM

???
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Default Smoking on the Golf Courses !!!

Is smoking allowed on the golf courses? What do you do with the cigarette butts? This issue was not addressed at the Good Golf School held at Colony.
Janet
Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Sage

Actually, it was mentioned at the class I attended. The presenter said don't litter the course. Take your butts home with you. Pretty simple.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet & Carl View Post
Is smoking allowed on the golf courses? What do you do with the cigarette butts? This issue was not addressed at the Good Golf School held at Colony.
Janet
Smokers are supposed to take their butts home with them, but you'll see them littering the course - the cigarette butts not the smoker's butts.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

I smoke maybe 1 cigar a week but not on the golf course. I think that cigars smell much better than cigarettes and I see lots of cigarette butts on the course but have never seen a cigar butt. Regardless, it outside and smokers already have enough restrictions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.