Public golf courses

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Gold member
Default Three weeks huh?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberpike1 View Post
Have been here the last 3 weeks and played several of the public courses.
Eagle Ridge, Continental and the links of Spruce Creek all have the same attitude (lets overcharge the snowbirds since they're here) and high prices ($36 plus/round) for courses in fair shape. These courses are not worth the drive or the attitudes they display to cash paying customers! The Villages' championship courses, with a priority (6 month) are looking better all the time.
always nice to get an opinion from someone whose been around long enough to really get a lay of the land.

Try playing up north right now...go ahead...make the trip...

Up north you pay $55 and that doesn't include a cart...in the summer...head over to Disney and pay >$75/rnd...it is nice here in summer without all the complainers...

In the summer we pay <$20/rnd/w/cart at continental...beer is $6/pitcher and tacos are $2ea. Sure we put up with the heat and humidity, but our muscles are looser and the complainers are back north...adults from up north are more than welcome here in winter...
Old 02-21-2015, 08:32 PM

Regret ... bitter sweet regret.
Just played a round at the Lakes... behind a foursome that probably read my post here...

I think they came out to the Lakes because they wanted to teach one of the wives. At every t-box (mostly short par 3s) we got to watch 3 men hit their 2nd shot up near the green and then they would all come give a short block of instruction to the lady about her next shot. yes, at every hole. Well sometimes one of the men would spend 5 minutes plus looking for a lost ball and not have time to help the lady.

I retract my previous post. The Lakes are a cow pasture.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.