Reasonable accomodations

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Gold member

Reasonable Accommodation. Golf cart gets tagged and allows the operator to drive closer to the greens rather than parking on the cart path hence a legitimate disability. It does not however permit the operator to abuse the course and in my opinion neither should the RA be abused.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
What does the word "reasonable" mean in The Villages? I have played with and behind guys with it. I know there are people who need this, but OMG is it abused or what?
This and Handicapped auto stickers are the most abused programs in the Villages. I know a man who's wife had knee replacement surgery 8 years ago and he is still using a handicapped sticker. Of course he is still playing golf regularily.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
This and Handicapped auto stickers are the most abused programs in the Villages. I know a man who's wife had knee replacement surgery 8 years ago and he is still using a handicapped sticker. Of course he is still playing golf regularily.
There is a FL web site where you can report reckless drivers, drivers too old and unaware to be driving, etc. It's been mentioned on this forum. Perhaps you could report this handicapped sticker abuse there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.