rental of clubs

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Default rental of clubs

Rented golf clubs for a friend 11-08-10 from Cane Garden. We arrived at 11:30 to rent the clubs, we were passing Cane Garden on our way home. A sign said you should rent the clubs no more then a hour before playing golf. Our tee time was 1:56 at Sandhill. We asked if this was a problem to rent that early, the attendant said no, we asked when they closed and he indicated 6:00 PM. I told him we should be back no later then 4:30 PM. He asked to keep a credit card for security reasons which we did and we paid him the $7.50 for 9 holes, good clubs and a great deal. He also asked for a cell phone number which I gave to him. When I went home I gave my cell to my wife since Warranty in the villages had that number and they planning to come to my home to do some minor work. Returned the clubs at 4:00 PM. When I arrived home my wife informs me a nasty lady called demanding the clubs be returned since we had to have finished golf by then, this was 3:45 PM. I did not complain to management, its obvious the attendant did not write down our 1:56 start time, but why the obsession with getting the clubs back so soon? They had a credit card, just confused why.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree the call was out of line, but you will have to call the Manager at Cane Garden for the real answer, sounds like someone is in the wrong line of work....gn
Old 11-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Smile Golf Club Rentals

Granted, there is no excuse for rude behavior, but when you are renting golf clubs, one has to be considerate of their neighbors, meaning other customers, who may want to rent the same golf clubs too.

If the clubs are in your garage, will that affect someone else?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Probably just a mixup between the attendant and the person calling... I'd say no big deal...no harm; no foul.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.