Rules at Driving Range

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
I personally think that the dress rules for driving ranges are over kill but rules are rules (as you stated). Here you can find the dress code for ranges and the courses in The Villages (page 14):

http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...fGuide1.12.pdf
I just wish the restaurants had strict dress codes and enforced them,the way the driving range does.I cannot believe the attire i see men wear in the local restaurants.Just because you have retired, does not mean you retire from life and look like a complete slob.How about showing a little respect for the woman your with and the patrons at the restaurants.This is not an isolated incident,since i dine out 4 or 5 evenings a week when i'm in TV,and i see this male fashion statement every single time.If your woman takes the time to look her best,how about the men doing the same.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:22 AM

Behind Walmart there is Buffalo Range the prices are good and when you are done you are right there to the restaurants for a bite to eat.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Sage

It always amazes me how many people choose to participate in various activities without knowing what the rules/requirements are, and then are surprised when they find they are breaking those rules/requirements. This goes all the way from deed restrictions to various dress codes. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
I just wish the restaurants had strict dress codes and enforced them,the way the driving range does.I cannot believe the attire i see men wear in the local restaurants.Just because you have retired, does not mean you retire from life and look like a complete slob.How about showing a little respect for the woman your with and the patrons at the restaurants.This is not an isolated incident,since i dine out 4 or 5 evenings a week when i'm in TV,and i see this male fashion statement every single time.If your woman takes the time to look her best,how about the men doing the same.
I guess if that lady felt the way you do she would not be in his company.
BTW this slob look goes both ways!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
Why doesn't everyone just abide the by the rules or just don't use it. Somewhere there is ALWAYS someone, or that small 1-2% of the population that feels the rules are too strict or shouldn't apply to them. Thus they "try" to either break them or get test them. Lots of threads on this in here.
We too went to the range to teach my Best half the fundamentals. She had on a strap that was not the 2" required and the attendant was nice about it and told us. We were fine with it and came back later. Again, the rules are the rules and live with it OR GO ELSEWHERE TO PLAY OR HIT BALLS.
To say you will bring an "extra" shirt just in case one of the attendants "enforce" the rules is just wrong! Go there with the proper shirt and don't worry about it than! Of course the replay will be.. we were just out and thought we would stop by to hit some. than by all means change your shirt or shorts. DO that in private too!
There now I vented and feel better
This says it all --- excellent---
Old 08-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Veteran member
Default Rules

Why are all the "rules" in TV ok, but when the State or Federal government makes rules they are infringing on our rights? It looks like I gave up alot of my "rights" to live here.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
No, because I know someone who brought her 17 yr. old grandaughter there and she was told her top was too low cut, and she had to leave.
Apparently, she was humiliated, hates The Villages now, and says she is never coming here again.
Grandma is sad!
I know someone who brought her 18 year old granddaughter to the driving range with a tight fitting, collared blouse, and wearing no bra. All of the old men could not keep there eyes on the golf ball they were hitting . She was so happy and said she would be returning soon. -- Grandma was very happy--------
Old 08-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
I know someone who brought her 18 year old granddaughter to the driving range with a tight fitting, collared blouse, and wearing no bra. All of the old men could not keep there eyes on the golf ball they were hitting . She was so happy and said she would be returning soon. -- Grandma was very happy--------
Ah, brings back those memories of the 1960's.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
And she complied with every rule. See, these rules aren't so bad if you know how to work them.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Gold member

The people who are saying thats the rules,would feel differently if that was your wife or girlfriend. Someone is going to tell another adult that not proper here. What is this high school?Maybe you do not have a problem with a retired ,min.wage employee making those decision ,but I do. What kind of training takes place for this employee.Speak up, and take a stand.. Sounds like a lots of lambs.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Sage

OOORRR--read the rules...love 'em or leave 'em
Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 PM

Let me get this right... You have a problem with a retired, or part time, or older person in a minimum wage position, or making a lower wage than you do or had, telling you that they are enforcing the rules? As stated in other posts, the rules are the rules. What training would this person that you feel better than, need to have, to inform you (hopefully politely) what is posted or in the covenants are the rules? Wow...says it all.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
OOORRR--read the rules...love 'em or leave 'em
Or be a Man,stand up for something so silly... Its easy to just go with the flow. In America you stand up for what is right.Not all rules are right.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Sage

but they are the rules established by those that own the property. Become an owner, and you can make your own rules.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Gold member

Wonder if the same dress code is in effect for Katie Belles"?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.