Rules at Driving Range

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Sage

nope---just shoes and a shirt
Old 08-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Gold member

But I do not want to make stupid dress code rules.You are not on a golf course,but a driving range.. Go across the street to McDonalds and see if they would serve you. The village restaurants?
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

When I moved here last year and saw the dress code, I immediately looked for an off campus driving range that allows me to hit off the turf. Tree Top Driving Range behind the American Legion Hall is just fine. In fact when it's 95 degrees and the middle of the day sun, I wear a tank top to hit balls, which is just fine with them. You also get a lot more balls for your money.

Now if I'm at Glenview or Palmer and I'm playing a round and of course wearing the proper attire, then I'll use their driving range and hit a dollar bucket. You just have to go with the flow, it's how I made it through 3 years in the Army.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
Why doesn't everyone just abide the by the rules or just don't use it. Somewhere there is ALWAYS someone, or that small 1-2% of the population that feels the rules are too strict or shouldn't apply to them. Thus they "try" to either break them or get test them. Lots of threads on this in here.
We too went to the range to teach my Best half the fundamentals. She had on a strap that was not the 2" required and the attendant was nice about it and told us. We were fine with it and came back later. Again, the rules are the rules and live with it OR GO ELSEWHERE TO PLAY OR HIT BALLS.
To say you will bring an "extra" shirt just in case one of the attendants "enforce" the rules is just wrong! Go there with the proper shirt and don't worry about it than! Of course the replay will be.. we were just out and thought we would stop by to hit some. than by all means change your shirt or shorts. DO that in private too!
There now I vented and feel better
Old 08-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Gold member

Would people accept "new Village Rule" No one older than 62 can drive a golf cart in the villages or no golf cart driving after 7p.m. Its the new rules so you have to go along with them ,Right? A rule is a rule.If you do not like it,then built your own village,right?
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Right!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

The country clubs I have belong to required similar dress codes as TV. Remember that the driving range (owned by the Developer) is just an extension of the Country Clubs. TV Country Club courses are the only ones where jeans are allowed. Most clubs do not allow jeans----not proper attire most Clubs-----hey, "they" own the Clubs, driving range and courses and "they" make the rules. Discretion is key here----in OP case the driving range should have explained the dress code but went ahead and let them hit balls IMHO because it doesn't sound like she was dressed poorly at all. That is what they would have done at the last Private Club I belonged to.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
nope---just shoes and a shirt
JUST shoes and a shirt??? OUCH..I"m getting visuals of the customers dancing there and it's hurting my head!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
JUST shoes and a shirt??? OUCH..I"m getting visuals of the customers dancing there and it's hurting my head!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 08-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Or be a Man,stand up for something so silly... Its easy to just go with the flow. In America you stand up for what is right.Not all rules are right.
Remember, the ranges, like the country clubs, are private property and the rules are set by the owner, not the employees. Since you feel so strongly, I would suggest a visit to Golf Administration to discuss it.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Would people accept "new Village Rule" No one older than 62 can drive a golf cart in the villages or no golf cart driving after 7p.m. Its the new rules so you have to go along with them ,Right? A rule is a rule.If you do not like it,then built your own village,right?
Remember that the employees just work at the Course or Driving Range. No reason to take it out on them if they are just applying the rules unless the employee is "rude" then just smile and ask for the person in charge. You get more with sugar than vinegar, huh?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Sage

Perhaps the demeanor was what was offensive more so than the message.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Maybe they had a bad day. We all do right??
Old 08-12-2012, 09:32 PM

just follow the rules and stop whining.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM

The Villages is the ONLY place I have seen that allows denim. NO place outside the bubble or even up north would allow that. We have rules and codes, why do some of you feel "above the law"? Do you stop at stop signs, red lights and obey speed limits? If you don't you get caught. Why all the hassle about following some SIMPLE dress codes at the golf facilities? Do you follow the covenants on your deed?

Enough with this thread ...follow the codes or go someplace else.....

Can't believe we are hassling over rules or soon we will become a slum....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.