Rules at Driving Range

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2012, 05:08 AM

I was told by a ambassador when I was on a practice putting green with a tee shirt on
that the biggest problem is other residents complain all the time to him about attire.A lot.
So maybe if everyone would stop complaining so much and have fun maybe the rules would relax.IMHO
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Sage

IMHO, the rules are in place out of respect for the game, once played by gentlemen wearing jackets, white shirts, and ties. We've come a long way!!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
IMHO, the rules are in place out of respect for the game, once played by gentlemen wearing jackets, white shirts, and ties. We've come a long way!!

Golf is the last hold out to attire. I like it. I have been playing golf for 40 years and it is a game of gentlemen and gentlewomen. You didn't play it for free it was a rite of passage. Collared shirts were always required. People new to the game may find it hard to swallow, but I like those rules.

When I was in my forties and fifities, there was an all white rule, (don't panic...I will explain) at the nicest private clubs where you played tennis. You could only wear tennis clothing with a small percentage of color, all white shorts and shirts were required. That has changed and women don't wear hoop skirts anymore too...but I like the little tip of the hat to tradition by being required to wear proper attire on the course.

And to the person who said some time ago that if a person hit into their group, he would hit the ball back at them, I say you are not the kind of golfer I have known. My kind has always shown good etiquette on the course. And would not ever hit a retaliatory ball back at anyone. Golfers are gentlemen.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:46 AM

I like the rules also, Gracie!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Veteran member
Location: Full Time in the Village of Gilchrist (aka Party Central)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourpar View Post

IMHO, I have to agree with the above. The rules are established for everyone and should be enforced equally. I don't feel as though I have given up any of my inalienable rights to live here and also feel that the rules do enhance the quality of life in TV. As I said before, just MHO.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Default Mother-Of-Pearl

I can't begin to get the logic of the 2 inch straps vs: the thinner; 1 inch variety.
I suppose if the range is attached to a golf course, I can more readily "GET" the notion of 2 inches. If you kneel on the floor, what will the skirt length be?
More importantly, how'd they hit 'em?
One thing we know for sure and that is "FUN IS THE BEST THING TO HAVE".
Convince them all to return and keep coming back. My mom left this realm recently and I can say that there are some of us who failed to make time for her and the guilt is palpable. Grams needs the visit and, moreover, she DESERVES the visit.
FORE!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM

I agree that on the golf course you should wear proper clothing. If the driving range is at the country club this would be included too. I don't consider the range that is talked about here to be on the country club. That said the owner of any business can dictate what is to be at their establishment. What interests me are the people answering here that are all for following the rules at the driving range, are any of them the ones that complain about the police in The Villages that are inforcing the rules. Are they the ones that say the police should be out catching criminals and leave us alone even if we are not following THE RULES. Just asking.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Sage

The Developer owns the driving ranges and country club champ courses in TV. If you're unhappy with the dress code rules at either, suggest you and others of a similar mind make note of it on the annual survey he sends out each April.

If enough people take issue with it, perhaps he will reconsider.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Look at the bright side. We can still wear shorts. What's the big deal about wearing a collared shirt.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Sage

If you don't have a dress code you get some of the things you see at municipal courses, muscle shirts and sports bras and sometimes no shirts at all. Ain't a purty sight.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you don't have a dress code you get some of the things you see at municipal courses, muscle shirts and sports bras and sometimes no shirts at all. Ain't a purty sight.
Probably not - but who really cares??? I'm just grateful to have made it to this point in my life. When I see something that "ain't a purty sight: it gives my husband (aka best friend) something to chuckle about. I try to live by the
philosophy "don't sweat the small stuff".
Old 08-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When this was first posted it had nothing to do with dress codes.The person mention 2 inch straps over the shoulders.Nothing about collored shirts,cutoffs shorts, or tank tops.Nothing about not dressing properly for the golf course. I joked about the driving range workers,who job was to make sure shoulder straps are 2 inch wide.Its not like the Nuns in the old days saying,"young lady your dress is to short,go home and change".Then the anger of these people came out,If you do not like it go home, Rules are what society is about and etc.To me this was amazing.One guy read me the riot act,and yet if you looked at his profile picture,he was dressed like you would see in the old three stooges shows. I stilll agree with the orginal poster,that its a driving range.If they where not doing well at the driving range I bet they would change this rule. Just my thoughts......
Old 08-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
When this was first posted it had nothing to do with dress codes.The person mention 2 inch straps over the shoulders.Nothing about collored shirts,cutoffs shorts, or tank tops.Nothing about not dressing properly for the golf course. I joked about the driving range workers,who job was to make sure shoulder straps are 2 inch wide.Its not like the Nuns in the old days saying,"young lady your dress is to short,go home and change".Then the anger of these people came out,If you do not like it go home, Rules are what society is about and etc.To me this was amazing.One guy read me the riot act,and yet if you looked at his profile picture,he was dressed like you would see in the old three stooges shows. I stilll agree with the orginal poster,that its a driving range.If they where not doing well at the driving range I bet they would change this rule. Just my thoughts......
Paul and or Jean. The title is ...rules at the driving range. There are rules about proper attire on the course. I do believe it is all relevant.

We were talking about golf. Golf is not a matter of life and death, it is much more important than that.

And I betcha that most of the folks who moved here for the golf, and that would be a lot would understand that sign that has always hung above our bar. Next to the one that says Missing. Golfer Husband and dog. Reward for dog.

Trying to be funny here. Golf has it's own persona and most of us are golfers and understand it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.