Sanctuary Ridge G.C, Clermont

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Default Sanctuary Ridge G.C, Clermont

Even though this is supposed to be "Golf Talk in TV" I'll add my review of an off campus course.

Played Sanctuary Ridge G.C, near Clermont on Monday (6/22/14) for the first time. It's the most unique golf course in central Florida that I've played. It has huge elevation changes, and is a very different golfing experience if you're accustomed to flat courses around here. It makes Legends CC look flat.

From the club house you get a 180* view that looks east towards Lake Apopka, the Orlando skyline and even Disney 10-15 miles away.

It doesn't have a large amount of trees that come into play, but it makes up for that with doglegs, blind tee shots, deep bunkers, and elevated greens where you can barely see the tops of the pins.

The fairways and greens were in great shape, the rough was tall but playable, and had the friendliest starter I ever met. He pointed out all of the landmarks in the distance and gave us some great tips on some of the trickier holes.

The course needs some TLC on the cart paths, and the faces of bunkers (some 10ft deep), but the course was really a blast to play. It has a few interesting risk/reward shot holes, if you try to cut the doglegs.

$29.95 + tax if booked on "wwwgolfnow.com" or this website: Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club: Golf
It comes with a very good lunch with 6 choices and beverage.

You'll need some good cleats on your golf shoes if you miss the fairways by too much and have to climb up or down the sides of some of the fairways into the rough. If that happens you'll need healthy legs, because the cart won't get you close to your ball. If you're a candidate for knee or hip replacement, then this isn't a layout for you unless you abandon your ball take some "friendly drops" back into the fairways.

We'll be back for sure. If you do give it a try, post your views about the course.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Gold member

amazing how much better golf is away from the villages for conditions and lay-outs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.