Shipping Golf Clubs

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Smile Shipping Golf Clubs

Has anyone shipped their golf clubs vs. paying to ship them on the airplane? If so, what company did you use - Fed Ex or UPS? Also, what was the cost? Thank you.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 AM

Not an answer to your question but maybe you could fly on Southwest. They allow two free checked bags per passenger. My clubs go with me!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:58 AM

I've used uShip.com to ship items, they'll ship a whole house of furniture, or just one chair, so I'm sure they'll do golf clubs.

You just go onto their site and create your shipment by describing it the best you can, create your ID (no need to use your actual name, but need your actual email address), put your preferred dates, then shippers will bid on your load. Sometimes when they're going a particular direction, they may not have a full load, so this is why it works I think. You may check the shippers out by reading their feedback.

I've used them twice, both were great. I got bids on less than a room of furniture from $450 to $3000., and only selected movers with 100% positive feedback both times I used them. There's a small charge (percent of total) that goes to the site, I used PayPal to pay one shipper after delivery, the other I gave cash after delivery. There was no damage to my stuff, and it was quick & easy. I'll use them again if I ever need to move something.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Sage

When I lived in CA, I had my clubs shipped to FL with Golfbagshipping.com. They sent me a heavy, plastic bag to put my clubs in a travel cover. I then secured it and they picked up the clubs at the scheduled time and delivered them to my son's home at the scheduled time. Same process on the return trip. No problems either way. Round trip coast to coast is now $87 for 3 day air. They ask for a zip code so the price may vary depending on the distance involved.

They also do luggage.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:35 PM

We used UPS, also took them on Southwest (for free) a couple of times prior to shipping them down permanently. It cost around $40 from IL (included UPS supplying the box and packaging it for shipment)
Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM

I just shipped a set clubs to Michigan. I used UPS. The cost was $54.00. They picked up the box at my home, delivered them up north. The whole process took 4 days.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.