Southern Star = great fun...

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Gold member
Default Southern Star = great fun...

it's been quite a few months since I'd played Southern Star....last time it was in a sad state as the greens had diseased. Unfortunately you can't just inject them with a vaccine and two weeks later...voila!

Lots of folks on here complained and complained...impatient and unrelenting...yet...with the proper care and maintenance the course is in great shape and the greens are quite quick(for an Exec. course)...perhaps between an 8 or 9 on the stimpmeter. The greens hold with the proper shot and ball marks are easily repaired(those who don't repair should never complain about course conditions).

Over seeding with winter rye will be here soon enough and the complaints will start all over again...be patient folks and enjoy the fresh air.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:49 AM

Glad to hear that's it's open again!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Gold member
Default Played it again today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGuar View Post
Glad to hear that's it's open again!
they better keep on top of the watering or they'll have similar problems as before...still fun to play, but the heat is starting to effect the greens...
Old 09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Veteran member

I played there today. It was beautiful and a pleasure. There was as usual slower players ahead of us but not really bad enough to bitch about.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Gold member
Default I expect slow players since....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
I played there today. It was beautiful and a pleasure. There was as usual slower players ahead of us but not really bad enough to bitch about.
many of the folks who play the exec's view it as an outing...unless they're gabbing to much, hitting to many tee balls or just hanging about I leave them to their pleasure....at this point in life there aren't many things that get you out and working a large variety of muscles with fresh air to boot...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.