Stack & Tilt

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace
Question Stack & Tilt

Hi, I'm new to golfing and have just completed the New To Golf class at Palmers. I need serious help. I was told about a method called Stack and Tilt that a gentleman teaches at Lake Miona Golf Club that is just outside of TV. Anybody know anything about this? Good, Bad, Indifferent I would like to know about this. ---Thanks
Old 09-26-2013, 01:04 PM

To learn more about the method, google "stack and tilt golf".
Old 09-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Gold member

Different methods work for everyone. If you can afford it and it works then it's good. There are quite a number of tour pros who went to stack and tilt and a number went back to more traditional methods. If you're new to golf you still need to master the basics before considering some alternative method...there is NO quick way to become good at golf....you either practice, take lessons and learn or you get to a certain level and that's it. It is unlike any other sport in that you can spend 50 years and $1000's of dollars and never improve. It's just the way it is.

So if you can afford it and want to spend the time then do so, but don't expect one method to be a quick route to a good game....that takes years by even the most talented and lord knows none of us here are that talented....best of luck.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyworld View Post
Hi, I'm new to golfing and have just completed the New To Golf class at Palmers. I need serious help. I was told about a method called Stack and Tilt that a gentleman teaches at Lake Miona Golf Club that is just outside of TV. Anybody know anything about this? Good, Bad, Indifferent I would like to know about this. ---Thanks
You need to give it time. A lot of repetition and frustration, but eventually things come together. I wouldn't go looking for alternatives right away. No matter what the method, they all depend on practice and instilling "muscle memory".

Three years ago, we had lessons from a great young teacher who said "what I have taught you may not have completely registered and you may drift away from the swing I have taught you" "but, I will guarantee when things are not working you will remember what it was you did that worked and gradually get back on track".
If you have good fundamentals, you always have a baseline, but if you go all over the place trying different ideas and approaches, you will not have developed the fundamentals to return to.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.