Store cart

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,249 Times in 362 Posts
Default Store cart

Hi, We will close on a home this week and plan to buy a cart. We will only get to the house about every 4 months , and then just for a few weeks, for a year or two.

Should I buy a gas cart instead of electric since the time it sits is so great? Is there a safe and efficient way to keep batteries charged?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 04-25-2016, 03:01 PM

Just me, but I'd look at arranging for a rental cart during that period. Would save on maintenance worries and insurance. The folks that rent carts here do a good job of delivering one to your house and picking up at then end of the rental period. In high season rental carts are scarce so you'd need to plan farther ahead if here then.

If you buy, I'd buy a 3-4 year old used cart. Depreciation on a new cart is fierce for first several years.

Gas is probably a better bet for interval usage as you plan and you would put a battery minder on the 12v battery to keep it topped off on juice.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:07 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I store my Yamaha gas cart by adding stabilizer and filling the tank, then undo the positive battery terminal. Done. Ready to roll 6 months later when I return.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, buy, great, sits, time, electric, advance, advice, charged, efficient, gas, batteries, safe, weeks, plan, house, week, close, home, year, store, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.