Tee times and availability of courses

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2020, 11:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default Tee times and availability of courses

I'm curious how many of you fellow golfers living north of 466 have had trouble getting course tee times for courses south of 466 and if any of you living south of 466 have trouble getting courses north of 466? Our group seems to never get one booked as the tee times on courses south of 466 are solidly booked every day. I don't think the courses are any better but a little variety would be nice.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I'm curious how many of you fellow golfers living north of 466 have had trouble getting course tee times for courses south of 466 and if any of you living south of 466 have trouble getting courses north of 466? Our group seems to never get one booked as the tee times on courses south of 466 are solidly booked every day. I don't think the courses are any better but a little variety would be nice.
Your post only leads to questions. Are you putting in requests, are you all priority, do you put in for several courses with a wide range of time?
Old 12-16-2020, 03:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Never ever a problem. Have no clue as to how your input is handled and not sure anyone can help without detail!
Old 12-16-2020, 03:40 PM

I'm not sure how they handle the whole tee time assigning process but perhaps the 'locals' prefer to play the courses closer to them, rather than traveling north, and request only those courses?
Old 12-16-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I book a teetime for a foursome every week for play on Friday, usually all the courses from Palmer on south, and a couple of the nines at each course so it's about 10 or 12 choices, and this time of year I ask for 11:56 to 12:59 so we can get in 18 holes.

Two weeks ago I put in our request, none of us are priority members, the computer was unable to handle our request. I put in a new request for the next day, Saturday and we got a teetime.

Last weekend I put in a request for Friday and we were denied again, I put in a new request for Saturday, and it was denied. So I finally took an open time for 1:40 on Saturday.

This week I put in the request, and we got a teetime of 12:52, later than I like but at least we'll get in 18 holes and it was at Belle Glade (Calusa) which was about the 10th choice. I had Bonifay as my first two choices, and Cane Garden next, Mallory and Havana and Belle Glade was last.

Lately I've noticed they have one of the nines closed at every championship in the afternoon, which is killing the afternoon teetimes.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

It should get a little better come January 1st when the winter rates go into effect. But then it will be extremely difficult to get a time on the executives.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:26 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

It's always a a good idea to specify championship or exec. I suggest you call either the tee time office or a particular course and find out if they even offer 9 hole specific tee times at your specified times this time of year.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

All I know is for 17 years, minimum twice per week, executive courses, usually two foursomes, we have never not gotten a tee time.

The key is course selection, time selection, how many times individuals in the group play per week, how many points (if any) individuals in the group have.

The wider the time range and less specific course request the better the odds.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

4 foursomes, every week. It’s a mixed bag of where we play. But times and courses are open, only been shut out once.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

I am in three executive groups. The people running the groups request about 26 courses and about a 4 hour range of times. If anyone has more than three points, they are left off the request, but are added when the tee time is given if we had times with only three people in a time.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:36 AM
Default Tee Times

Quote:
I don't know if you, or a member of your group. would be willing to get up a little early, but this is what I did this morning. I'm usually up at 4 to 5 a.m., and this Sunday my wife and I are playing with another couple. Today would be the first day that I could schedule a tee time for Sunday, and you would be surprised at how many courses have open tee times at that hour of the morning. I had my "pick of the litter", so to speak, but wanted a late afternoon time so we could couple our nine holes with dinner afterwards. I got Churchill Green at 3:08 pm.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Never ever a problem. Have no clue as to how your input is handled and not sure anyone can help without detail!
Live between 466 and 466A. Book for a group of golfers (12-20); during high season we end up on courses north of 466 more often than not. Group scheduling can be difficult.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I book a teetime for a foursome every week for play on Friday, usually all the courses from Palmer on south, and a couple of the nines at each course so it's about 10 or 12 choices, and this time of year I ask for 11:56 to 12:59 so we can get in 18 holes.

Two weeks ago I put in our request, none of us are priority members, the computer was unable to handle our request. I put in a new request for the next day, Saturday and we got a teetime.

Last weekend I put in a request for Friday and we were denied again, I put in a new request for Saturday, and it was denied. So I finally took an open time for 1:40 on Saturday.

This week I put in the request, and we got a teetime of 12:52, later than I like but at least we'll get in 18 holes and it was at Belle Glade (Calusa) which was about the 10th choice. I had Bonifay as my first two choices, and Cane Garden next, Mallory and Havana and Belle Glade was last.

Lately I've noticed they have one of the nines closed at every championship in the afternoon, which is killing the afternoon teetimes.
Played Killdeer to Osprey yesterday, 8:24. Played as a threesome in 3 hrs and 25 min, never saw anyone ahead of us or behind us.

Part of the problem mentioned was that there were no priority members, thus 24 reservation points putting you at an extreme disadvantage to groups of priority members with only 4 points
Old 12-17-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage

This is one of the areas where the tee time system could be improved. Once a tee time request is assigned an actual tee time (between midnight and 12:30AM, 3 days in advance), the person who did the original tee time request cannot add individuals to what is now an existing reservation. The person who did the original tee time request can create a new reservation with "guests" only to grab any open spots for those left off the request because of too many points. The people left off the original request can then show up and say they are taking the "guest" spots. Or, the individuals left off the original request can create a new reservation for themselves to grab the open spots. The person who did the original tee time request cannot create a new reservation for the individuals left off the original request (because of too many points) because a new reservation with specific names (as opposed to "guests" only) must include the person making the reservation and in this case that person is already on a reservation (the original reservation and you cannot be on two reservations at the same time).

I run a large group (up to 32, average around 20) and if I left off those with more than 3 point then more than half wouldn't be included in the tee time request. I have never found the need to do that. While I am denied a tee time occasionally during snowbird season, I have always been able to go in the next morning and find tee times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
I am in three executive groups. The people running the groups request about 26 courses and about a 4 hour range of times. If anyone has more than three points, they are left off the request, but are added when the tee time is given if we had times with only three people in a time.

Last edited by biker1; 12-17-2020 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
This is one of the areas where the tee time system could be improved. Once a tee time request is assigned an actual tee time (between midnight and 12:30AM, 3 days in advance), the person who did the original tee time request cannot add people to what is now an existing reservation. The person who did the original tee time request can create a new reservation with "guests" only to grab any open spots for those left off the request because of too many points. The people left off the original request can then show up and say they are taking the "guest" spots. Or, the individuals left off the original request can create a new reservation for themselves to grab the open spots. The person who did the original tee time request cannot create a new reservation for the individuals left off the original request (because of too many points) because a new reservation with specific names (as opposed to "guests" only) must include the person making the reservation and in this case that person is already on a reservation (the original reservation and you cannot be on two reservations at the same time).
Actually, that's not entirely true. You CAN make a request for a guest only without including yourself. Just put yourself in, then select guest when it asks. Tried it and it works.
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, tee, times, south, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.