Tee times for someone just visiting

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2022, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
Dave,

I want to add a little to the good advice you've gotten so far.

I wouldn't worry about getting tee times for Championship golf. I have friends that play four or five times a week. The automated tee time system is awesome although a little hard to learn at first, as someone mentioned. But as long as you get an "Enhanced" membership (currently $777 per year) you should be able to play as often, and the course, you want, most of the time.

Executive is a little more difficult—they are free and villagers are notoriously cheap. It depends how you submit your request. It depends on your current "rating" (perfect is zero).The time of year. How many courses you offer and how desirable the courses. The length of the timespan.

Your "rating" is more or less how many times you've played an exec course in the past seven days(Championship courses give a separate rating). Also, you are penalized points for cancelling a tee time (not cancelling a request). Let's say you submit the following request(you'll need to do this 4-7 days before Monday):

Play Date of Request: 1/05/2023 - Monday
Courses: Pelican, Bogart, Bacall
Time to Play: 10:00
Earliest Time: 9:30
Latest Time: 11:30
Preference (Course or Time): Course

You're saying you'd like to tee off at Pelican at 10am but you'd accept Bogart or Bacall, and anytime between 9:30am to 11:30am.

If you (and your partners) are a zero, you will almost definitely get Pelican at around 10am. However, if you submit the same request for Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. You'll probably get notices indicating that your requests couldn't be fulfilled for some of the days. Your only option is to add more courses and a longer time span. Nothing is guaranteed and I've gotten shut out occasionally. But even if you are shut out you can always go back to the automated tee time system and check on actual tee times available over the next few days(select "view Open Tee Times"). Here is where you discover the most popular courses. I just did this now for those three courses and found that tomorrow, between 9am and 3pm, there's nothing open for a twosome. There are around a dozen openings for a single. I did it for a less desirable course and found around four openings for a twosome.
Nice synopsis for how the system works.
Closed Thread

Tags
tee, times, arrive, villages, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.